Railway patrol

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Railway patrol

Post by hold3n »

can the rail Patrol Cars Delta etc go through red lights im prety sure they have red lights so does this contribute or ....
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
yorky

Re: Railway patrol

Post by yorky »

No.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

no. they dont even got sirens
I've closed the door!
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

They haven't even got red lights.
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

What kind of lights do they have cause I see D4 and they have Red lights ? or is it a different coulor ?
yorky

Post by yorky »

They are Magenta.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
transrail73

Post by transrail73 »

With exception of the design of the light bar (there have been at least 2 styles, as well as a small dome plug in that was used in a plain sedan), the colour has been red for at least 10 years. The use of a red light bar by the PTA on the Railway Patrol vehicles has written approval / exemptions and is primarily for use at incidents such as level crossing protection. I'd be happy to post a photo or two but not sure how. **(Just found these pics on the forum - http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8934)

Magenta light bars have never been used by the PTA, however some years ago magenta lights were seen on the cars used by Secureforce who had the bus security contract.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

transrail73 wrote:
Magenta light bars have never been used by the PTA, however some years ago magenta lights were seen on the cars used by Secureforce who had the bus security contract.
Are you sure? I have never seen a secure force with Magenta lights? I only saw yellow.
I've closed the door!
transrail73

Post by transrail73 »

Are you sure? I have never seen a secure force with Magenta lights? I only saw yellow.

I've been trawling the www to find an image but no such luck. I'm happy to stand corrected but I do recall seeing them use that colour many, many years ago before it was switched to orange. Obviously the current Transperth security use a yellow/orange lightbar.

Prior to getting red lights (maybe around 2000) the Railway Patrol vehicles only had a single orange dome light mounted on the roof. Before that the orange light was a plug in with magnetic base that was put on the roof only when needed. There was also a speaker and spotlights mounted. The speaker wasn't a siren but served as a public address system at the flick of a switch. The only problem was that it was linked into the radio so if it wasn't switched back then the radio comms would come through the speaker for all to hear.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

You may be correct, but only when I started getting into this all - secure force was yellow.
I've closed the door!
almo899

Post by almo899 »

Yes, I remember when Secureforce used magenta lights back in the late 90's. They had a brief contract with the City of Belmont and had magenta lightbars on Ford Falcons which were designed like a U.S. police car in blue and white with their badge on the door. When they first got the Transperth contract, they used black Falcons with a magenta lightbar and "Transperth" emblazoned across the car. They soon changed the vehicle design to the white "Transit" livery and started using amber lightbars.

Since they lost the Transperth contract, they changed the name to Secureforce Protective Services (SPS) and are using a more simple design of amber lightbar and white cars.

AL
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

The only one I saw operating was D1 and that was magenta despite appearing red when off.