Transit Officers Shift Patterns

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

daltonrx

Transit Officers Shift Patterns

Post by daltonrx »

Just wondering if anybody can shed some more information on Transit Officers rotating roster ?

I can see via the website, the starting times, fortnightly hours etc. But no information on the shift patterns involved ? e.g. 6/2, 4/4, 4/2 etc
daltonrx

Re: Transit Officers Shift Patterns

Post by daltonrx »

Anybody........ ?????

I notice via the Industrial Agreement that Transit Officers can work a maximum of 9 days in a fornightly roster cycle.

So is it safe to assume if I become a Transit Officer I would do (9 on 5 off) ?

Again any info appreciated :)

Nick
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Nick the link I have provided should give you enough Information about the shift patterns

http://www.transitofficer.wa.gov.au/working_hours.php
Fireguard

Post by Fireguard »

The shift rotation is not quite as simple as 9on then 5 off etc

You can be rostered for 8 shifts in a fortnight and then depending on special events etc there is previsions in the EBA for 1 forced overtime shift...

The 8 shifts may not be concurrent Ie. not all done in a row with a 5 day break at the end. there could be any number of possible combinations of days on to the number of days off, the only constant is 8 shifts in a fortnight and unless in extreme circumstances you will only ever do a max of 7 shifts in a row..

So predicting days off months in advance is definately not a possibility
Fireguard

daltonrx

Post by daltonrx »

Thanks for the reply fireguard, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case as I'm an interstate applicant and would have liked some set days off to be able
To head home occasionally :cry:
Fireguard

Post by Fireguard »

daltonrx wrote:Thanks for the reply fireguard, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case as I'm an interstate applicant and would have liked some set days off to be able
To head home occasionally :cry:

The guys in rostering are pretty good, if you need time off for something, if you let them know before time 'Generally' they are able to help, and if they can't swapping shifts with other TO's is an option.

Currently the rosters 'usually' come out about 4-6 weeks before they are due to start.. It's not like you'll have no idea what you working next week, but predicting what you'll be working outside to 4-6week range is like forcasting the weather.
Fireguard