Rock attacks on Transperth buses

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

Fitzyyy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden Bearcat ubcd396xt

Rock attacks on Transperth buses

Post by Fitzyyy »

If you do not already know the frequency for Wilsons transperth security is 489.400 Mhz

(check out all the action these idiots get up to)
Last edited by Fitzyyy on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yorky

Re: Rock attacks on Transperth buses

Post by yorky »

Thanks, I know it was posted somewhere else as well but I've put it in here as well > http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6&p=74352#p74352

Regarding rock attacks, it appears that its happening almost daily yet still nothing is being done? Wilson security, who are simply civilians, don't have any powers to actually "catch" people like this do they?

It just seems like the good old days of graffiti simply doesn't do it anymore.

I would say its only time before someone is hurt, but people have ALREADY been injured.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
yorky

Post by yorky »

And again last night, getting fuel at Dianella I hear over the Morley radio bus 2012 in trouble, abusive passenger.

As I'm sitting in the carpark the bus pulls up, the guy attempts assault and then spits all over the passengers and driver. Then simple strolls off as though nothing happened.

They can walk off because they know that Police and security won't be there for a usually large amount of time.
yorky

Post by yorky »

And again tonight, at Morley bus station, reported rock went through the window WITH PASSENGERS ON BOARD.

However there is good news on this one, the idiots walked to the bus terminus where Security were already there...
Fitzyyy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden Bearcat ubcd396xt

Post by Fitzyyy »

The idoits do this because they know that security have no powers to arrest them. Only the police can do that
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Heard on the scanner this afternoon that a group of young IC3's (approx 7 to 10 years of age) threw a very large rock through a Bunbury City Transit bus at the hospital down here.

Seems to be getting out of control....
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Listerning from 6pm to 7.30 tonight.Two more rock attacks.One in Mt hawthorne other Karrinyup.Some one is going to be killed soon.We need stronger penaltys with the law system all round.
yorky

Post by yorky »

On the news this evening, the last day's attacks (like several attacks within a day), have been the last straw.

They are talking about what can be done, including making ALL buses drive cabin caged (apparently only 1/3 of the fleet are currently), and stopping travel on hotspots.

Personally as I think most people would, I approve of any action. Cages should be the easiest although not cheap, it would STOP the attack before it even began. Think some USA taxis, they even have the front perspexed from the back.

Agree Richard, penalties need to as well be harsher BUT the initial incident is what needs to be stopped. It all as usual comes down to cost otherwise all buses would have cages and re-enforced windows as standard.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

yorky wrote:On the news this evening, the last day's attacks (like several attacks within a day), have been the last straw.

They are talking about what can be done, including making ALL buses drive cabin caged (apparently only 1/3 of the fleet are currently), and stopping travel on hotspots.

Personally as I think most people would, I approve of any action. Cages should be the easiest although not cheap, it would STOP the attack before it even began. Think some USA taxis, they even have the front perspexed from the back.

Agree Richard, penalties need to as well be harsher BUT the initial incident is what needs to be stopped. It all as usual comes down to cost otherwise all buses would have cages and re-enforced windows as standard.
All the buses on the night time runs are caged...
I've closed the door!
yorky

Post by yorky »

The Armidale attack one wasn't.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

yorky wrote:The Armadale attack one wasn't.
They all should be, I thought is compulsory when night time shift you take a caged bus out
I've closed the door!
yorky

Post by yorky »

Well I guess not if he didn't have one?

It was one of the things that was brought up during their meeting, currently not ALL night buses have a cage but it is 'preferred' that all cage buses are used for night shifts.

Obviously this will be the highest point of issue that NO bus goes out at night without a cage.

However many incidents still occur during the day, all people don't start drinking at exactly sunset.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

May be they need a hotline.If public see someone at bus stop drunk or whatever they can report to trans perth security.
yorky

Post by yorky »

richard omeara wrote:May be they need a hotline.If public see someone at bus stop drunk or whatever they can report to trans perth security.
I'm going to have to say the hotline for that is 131 444.