Moderator: Froggles

LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Re: Public Transport Frequencies and Links

Post by LighteningCrashes »

XaDvAnT wrote:
LighteningCrashes wrote:What do the little signs at the bus stations mean? You know the ones with the led displays with the time and then the +a1 etc?
I think it's displaying train arrival times for connecting services, so that if a train is running a minute or two late then the bus driver knows and may wait a while.
Yeah that may be the case as they all say the same regardless of the route/stand.
doggie015

Post by doggie015 »

LighteningCrashes wrote:
XaDvAnT wrote:
LighteningCrashes wrote:What do the little signs at the bus stations mean? You know the ones with the led displays with the time and then the +a1 etc?
I think it's displaying train arrival times for connecting services, so that if a train is running a minute or two late then the bus driver knows and may wait a while.
Yeah that may be the case as they all say the same regardless of the route/stand.
That may not be the case. I noticed trains arriving and leaving while an a number was displayed. No busses were at the bus stop at the station at the time and they usually arrive AFTER the a numbers cease and the sign moves to the next service.
bus_scanner
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC73XLT

Post by bus_scanner »

Another frequency change with the recent bus contract changes is Swan Transit's old Kalamunda channel 473.675, is now the Shenton Park & Nth Fremantle channel.
Bundy
Amateur callsign: VK6FABD

Post by Bundy »

Just to clarify the question about the little signs with times and numbers at the bus interchanges.
They are real time arrival displays.
They display the next two arrival times from Perth. The box next to the times shows whether or not the train is on time.
When is shows 0 its running on time. If you see a 10 in the box then that service is 10 minutes behind.
When the train arrives the little box shows an 'A' for arrived. It will go up to A3 (arrived 3 mins ago) then scroll on to the next service.
That helps us bus drivers to know how our rail connections are travelling and how long we may need to wait for the train.

I hope that helps

Bundy.
bus_scanner
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC73XLT

Post by bus_scanner »

Hi, does anyone know what frequency PATH Transit buses are using for this weekends rail replacement.
Regards, bus_scanner.
yorky

Post by yorky »

I would think either the normal channel or their old secondary which they were only using for training. It is in the thread somewhere or search acma database Path owed it from memory.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Brookfield Train Control Areas

CTC areas marked in Red, (Centralised Train Control) Blue areas are Train Order areas.

Brookfield Network Map

Note all the new Tier 3 line closures, thanks to the state government, Grain is now on road, all the ARG and QRN Narrow gauge trains that used to be at Merredin and ran regular services out the Narembeen line and Trayning lines, are now parked at QRN in Welshpool depot awaiting their fate....

Brookfield Communications Map

While some lines have closed, others have picked up more traffic, ARG are running ore trains from Karara into the Gerldton Port, and Mineral Resource's are running ore from the Sothern Cross area to Kwinana, in what I can say is one of the best looking trains and wagons.

http://www.merredinmercury.com.au/story ... train-set/

While the Article states they are USA built trains, they are in fact a UGL C44aci Built in Broadmedows

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UGL_Rail_C44aci

This is the next model up from the all too familiar NR class that are run by PAC NAT
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Updated links since Brookfield became ARC

Communications Systems Map

Train control areas
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

As of last JUL 2018, Avon Train Control is no longer.

All ARC Infrsturcture train control is now from Metro (Midland) and Picton.
JhG123
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by JhG123 »

Anyone have the current frequency for Transperth Wilson Train security? I saw a frequency on an earlier page, 489.400, and was wondering if it is still in use. I used to listen on 418.425 but I haven't been getting any transmissions recently. Thanks.

Edit: looked on the ACMA map too near where I live and there's a repeater that does 405.05 and 408.8, I've seen them on other repeaters too, does anyone know what these frequencies are used for?
allycat
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden 536HP DMR,NXDN Uniden USDS100 DMR,NXDN Codan NGT

Post by allycat »

Transit Guards
418.1000 171
418.2500 172
418.3000 173
418.7000 174
yorky

Post by yorky »

489.400 Wilsons contracted to Transperth *bus* I don't know if it works anymore since buses have moved systems I have a feeling they have as well. I tried listening a little while back and got nothing. In fact its not even registered here any more.

And just to be clear, Wilsons do not do train security, only bus. Trains are PTA employed Transit Officers.

418.425 is definitely active for PTA rail security/customer service/revenue. Its Located at Warwick and Kwinana. 405.05 and 408.8 are repeater receive frequencies, you won't get much from that. You want the repeater transmit frequencies for them. And I don't think those ones are of any use anyway, none are security or train control.
JhG123
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by JhG123 »

yorky wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:58 pm 489.400 Wilsons contracted to Transperth *bus* I don't know if it works anymore since buses have moved systems I have a feeling they have as well. I tried listening a little while back and got nothing. In fact its not even registered here any more.

And just to be clear, Wilsons do not do train security, only bus. Trains are PTA employed Transit Officers.

418.425 is definitely active for PTA rail security/customer service/revenue. Its Located at Warwick and Kwinana. 405.05 and 408.8 are repeater receive frequencies, you won't get much from that. You want the repeater transmit frequencies for them. And I don't think those ones are of any use anyway, none are security or train control.
So the frequencies that allycat gave me are still in use?
yorky

Post by yorky »

Yes, that is PTA rail security (Transit Officers)/customer service/revenue. There are a lot more repeaters than those four though, depends on your location. Easy to check if they work, its a very active channel usually.

Unfortunately in a couple of years when the new internal digital radio network is completed these will likely be decommissioned I'd imagine.
Railman34

Post by Railman34 »

Hi would any one have the frequencies for the transperth railway depot security in Mandurah :)