Transperth Security and Transit Officers

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

Jones

Re: Transperth Security and Transit Officers

Post by Jones »

i think they do on the job training, basicly teaching the systems they use . the transit officers have there own training though.
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

So they don't get any training from the PTA like the Chubb revenue protection officers?
bawds25

Post by bawds25 »

yeh of course.. Wilsons put their guys through a few courses:

Traffic Control
Legal Use of Force
Advanced Driving
Baton and Handcuffs
OC Spray
Authorised Person under PTA Act (course is run by PTA)

Someone can start with Wilsons before they finish all the courses though.. as long as theyre completed within 3 months of being employed.

But I think like most security work, the best training you'l get is on the job. Ive done a good few years in security on doors, in a hotel, at a racecourse, at RPH and its all the same, 99% of all the training i've undertaken is on the job.
"Whiskey 1 to Bravo 1. Ahh... rail transits have arrested my partner."
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

Its good to see that Wilson put you through quite a comprehensive set of training. I thought it was Just Cert II and Batons and Handcuffs so thats certainly a lot better. I hope your job goes well.
journo

Post by journo »

Wilsons are refunded the training fees , so technically it is PTA who have been getting them trained. Batons etc are modules from Cert III not Cert II & from observing this chat for some time now , it appears that finally some common sense is coming about.rather than the very public (I have power & you don't ) which is comical in the extreme. On PTA property & under the Criminal Investigation Act , Transperth Security can even 'pat search' & detaining is similar to arrest , just ask the magistrate that said so in court 2 weeks ago.

Transperth Security have been arresting for years & the Courts have backed it . In fact wasn't there a Murder on WSBS December '07 ? & the culprit was arrested by Transperth Security ?????
Some of this preceding comments has been infantile.

{ADMIN EDIT: Rest of post was off-topic.}
journo

Post by journo »

nra555 wrote:So if a guard asks for my details, I can request to see ID, if they ID themselfs as Wilsons, can i refuse to give them My details, but instead say that i will give my details to a PTA or Police officer?

will i still be arrested, and with that, what are the laws of citizens arrest? can a wilsons gaurd, or any other citizen restrain me physicley or can they just say dont move the police are coming?
PTA Act sec 40
If you hinder or attempt to hinder an Authorised Officer (Wilsons) it could also cost you $200.00 on the spot
EX-CONNIE

Post by EX-CONNIE »

Actually, "Chubbstables" is incorrect in this Circumstance.
True, Chubb did provide Railway Security Officers as well as Revenue Protection Officers but for a long time they were the source of the Railway Special Constables (about 250 all up) that formed the Railway Police see (Sec 74(1) GRA 1904.
They were selected and trained to police standards by the police for an active policing role but were sworn as constables under the GRA, not the Police Act as WAPOL is.
This was no hinderance as any GRA sworn member could apply all legislation the WAPOL could - on and off WAGR/PTA property too.
Special Constables were not employed by Chubb, who was merely the manpower supplier and had no part in the selection and testing phases.
Thus, the quality of candidate and graduates was equal to that which WAPOL enjoyed but those days are over!!!!
Fastlane wrote:I think the phrase "chubbstables" says it all :D
Clontarf[X]

Post by Clontarf[X] »

Someone has obviously posted a link to this thread somewhere, a lot of people suddenly joining?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Clontarf[X] wrote:Someone has obviously posted a link to this thread somewhere, a lot of people suddenly joining?
Nah, just the usual crop of spammers... Every day or three I go through and delete all the obvious spammer accounts which is why the number of registered users probably goes up and then down from time to time :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

Thats interesting, so what was the role of the Railway Security Officer that Chubb provided? Were they like a quasi-transit officer with limited powers or were they there more to assist the SC's?
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

Can I ask a innocent question and it is innocent.

My question is why is there a huge amount of Indian, Pakistani & Sri Lankan transit officers?. I have 2 at a station I regularly frequent (they are the ones that sit at the station the whole time) and all they do is stand around laughing and joking with each other in their own language, while ignoring almost all anti-social behaviour that occurs. No one takes them seriously as they are both short, and thin and could be blown over in the wind. The kids certainly don't have any respect for them

Is a PTA transit officer a ticket to a visa these days?.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Firstly, they may not be Transit Officers. Take a close look at the shoulder patches on their shirts (and on their caps). The PTA Transit Officers, which are the equivalent of the Police on railway property, have Transit Officer on their patches. They will usually also have a 'regimental number' with their name badge.

The people you are refering to may, most likely, be Revenue Protection Officers. If their shoulder patch and/or cap says Revenue Protection, then they are merely private security guards working for the PTA, with very little power or authority. I believe the current contract (and i may be wrong) is with Wilson Security.

The PTA also employs customer service staff at many train and bus stations, but unlike the blue uniform of the TOs and Revenue officers they wear a white shirt with black pants and cap (and black jumper in winter) with the green Transperth logo on them.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

auntys_eyes wrote:Firstly, they may not be Transit Officers. Take a close look at the shoulder patches on their shirts (and on their caps). The PTA Transit Officers, which are the equivalent of the Police on railway property, have Transit Officer on their patches. They will usually also have a 'regimental number' with their name badge.

The people you are refering to may, most likely, be Revenue Protection Officers. If their shoulder patch and/or cap says Revenue Protection, then they are merely private security guards working for the PTA, with very little power or authority. I believe the current contract (and i may be wrong) is with Wilson Security.

The PTA also employs customer service staff at many train and bus stations, but unlike the blue uniform of the TOs and Revenue officers they wear a white shirt with black pants and cap (and black jumper in winter) with the green Transperth logo on them.
Well said AE =D>
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Think you would find that these are revenue protection NOT Transit Officer...
I've closed the door!
bawds25

Post by bawds25 »

Rev Protection guys are from Chubb / MSS not Wilson - Wilson provide security staff for the bus network.