Is this video real? Near train hit/miss

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

perthskies

Is this video real? Near train hit/miss

Post by perthskies »

Couple months ago I uploaded a video on YouTube from the Transperth Right Track website which appeared to be a commercial on their "Stay off the Tracks" campaign.

It is security footage of some bloke crossing the rails from one platform to the other and almost getting hit.

Is it real though?

And which station could it be?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=820aW-07hv0
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

subi.traino
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

are you sure..... that doesnt look like subiaco train station from what I can see?
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Holey heck, that video put the shivers up my spine.

+1 for Subi traino. I am pretty sure that it is Subi, because of the way the tunnel comes around and where the platforms are etc.

Btw, I noticed on the train today on my way home from work that there are some stickers on the windows, I had a laugh reading them.

They read something along the lines of

"Does scratching the windows while pretending to wave at someone make you feel good? Do your friends think you are a hero, or do you just hate the world in general? Just another Graffidiot."

It goes on to say something about how uncool it is to grafiti the trains and that some people have already been sent to jail for it.

There was another sticker on the window next to it saying something about "This is your train. It gets you to wherever you want to be. Graffi costs a lot of money to clean up, and this means we might have to increase fares"

Something along the lines of that anyway, but they were real to the point and hard hitting type notices, on clear stickers attached to the windows.

Cheers,
Bonez :)
Hodgie

Post by Hodgie »

yeah them clear stickers on the windows have been on buses and trains for a while now.
auntys_eyes

Re: Is this video real? Near train hit/miss

Post by auntys_eyes »

perthskies wrote:...and almost getting hit.
Certainly looks real and having watched the video repatedly, it is not a "near miss". The offender (read idiot) is clearly struck as he is pulled up on to the platform. The train appears to clip his legs/feet at the last moment and flip him around 180 degs in a fraction of a second.
The two other people don't appear to be wearing PTA uniforms. They look more like a couple of bystanders.
My money is on Subi station as well. Can't think of another station with that tunnel/platform layout.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Bonez I particularly like the poster

Even the toughest ones cry on their first night.

Or something to that effect. Haven't used public transport now for about a month! :D
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
cat1

Post by cat1 »

I've seen that video on you tube as well , the first time I saw it the two people on the platform were standing right at the edge of the platform, the second time I saw it they appeared at the end of the tape to haul the guy up? Ok maybe my display setting have changed or something?