bright vests , red,yellow??

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

i think check your spelling.went out window long time ago buddy.

try work out what he meansif not ask him again and again. turn not be too much of a smartass.

NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
AVBFS
Scanners and Receivers: UBCT9

Post by AVBFS »

huh....
:mrgreen:
cat1

Post by cat1 »

lol I'll check my spelling if you turn your sig the right way up :D
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

Changes the whole meaning of the sentence doesn't it :-)

My sig's broken? I thought it was my crappy glasses.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
cat1

Post by cat1 »

lol robbage got a crick in my neck reading your new sig :D your right bout my spelling though!
htfuc

Re: bright vests , red,yellow??

Post by htfuc »

In regards to the vest colours here goes.....

Orange (w/ Orange/White reflective striping) - Transit Officers
Yellow (w/ Yellow/Green reflective striping) - Wilson Bus Security
No Vests - CHUBB Revenue Officers

The PTA in it's infinite wisdom decided that it was a great idea to put all security sections within the PTA in the same uniform.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

i notice Yellow (w/ Yellow/Green reflective striping) - that transguards have now. they nearly look like traffic police
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
htfuc

Post by htfuc »

playworth wrote:i notice Yellow (w/ Yellow/Green reflective striping) - that transguards have now. they nearly look like traffic police
And the way they act sometimes.....you'd think they were.....classic example of working above and beyond their job description.
grizzla

Post by grizzla »

playworth wrote:i notice Yellow (w/ Yellow/Green reflective striping) - that transguards have now. they nearly look like traffic police
Transit OFFICERS (not guards) are definately orange. Transperth Security (Wilsons Security for buses, affectionately known as WILPOL) are yellow.
An earlier question asked why Transit Officers don't always wear the orange. It basically started when Transit Officers (TO's) and their union got fed up with being compared to the Revenue Protection officers employed by Chubb (now MSS security). Basically, because the PTA put everyone who does a security role in a light blue uniform it creates confusion with some, and 'smoke and mirrors' with others (ie they think there are more TO's than there actually are).

To cut to the chase, TO's wear the vests whenever it's busy (eg concerts, footy, peak periods) and also many wear them just to distinguish themselves from Revenue Protection and Wilsons security. It's also easieir for the CCTV monitors to identify a TO compared to a Rev Officer especially in heavy crowds.

So if you need help - go orange!

I also hear that WAPOL are quite miffed at Transperth Security wearing the yellow vests with the green and white chequered on them. Don't blame them myself. Have you seen how tardy Transperth Security groom themselves??
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

grizzla wrote:
Transit OFFICERS (not guards) are definately orange. Transperth Security (Wilsons Security for buses, affectionately known as WILPOL) are yellow.
An earlier question asked why Transit Officers don't always wear the orange. It basically started when Transit Officers (TO's) and their union got fed up with being compared to the Revenue Protection officers employed by Chubb (now MSS security). Basically, because the PTA put everyone who does a security role in a light blue uniform it creates confusion with some, and 'smoke and mirrors' with others (ie they think there are more TO's than there actually are).

To cut to the chase, TO's wear the vests whenever it's busy (eg concerts, footy, peak periods) and also many wear them just to distinguish themselves from Revenue Protection and Wilsons security. It's also easieir for the CCTV monitors to identify a TO compared to a Rev Officer especially in heavy crowds.

So if you need help - go orange!

I also hear that WAPOL are quite miffed at Transperth Security wearing the yellow vests with the green and white chequered on them. Don't blame them myself. Have you seen how tardy Transperth Security groom themselves??
Actually no, the colours of transit i.e rail is orange... So you will see transperth CSO wearing orange. They dont wear orange to distance themselves between chubb & revenue protection
I've closed the door!
grizzla

Post by grizzla »

What's a Transperth CSO? Are you referring to the CSO's or Transit Officers not distancing themselves from Revenue Protection (now MSS security), cos I'm certain that the TO's do?
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Customer Service Officer also wear them as & when required, so do operations control & train drivers.... Orange is the railway code colour.

Transit officers simply dont just wear them to distance themselves between Revenue protection... they wear them for a reason
I've closed the door!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

written_ficton wrote:Customer Service Officer also wear them as & when required, so do operations control & train drivers.... Orange is the railway code colour.

Transit officers simply dont just wear them to distance themselves between Revenue protection... they wear them for a reason
Talk to a TO, they'll tell you otherwise. You would seldom see them worn until the Revenue Protection people started to appear in numbers. The orange vests are something the revenue protection people do *not* have.