any1 know of any callsigns or call codes

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

JhG123
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: any1 know of any callsigns or call codes

Post by JhG123 »

So from what I made out from your comment then, the orange vest officers are the PTA Train Security, and the yellow WAPOL-like vested officers are Wilson bus security? I was under the assumption that PTA had both their own employee's and contracted Wilson staff. I'll be the 4th message to admit my fault then.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Correct, its a common misconception.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Pereko

Post by Pereko »

Joshek wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:42 pm I was under the assumption that fleet number referred to the set of radios, since the vehicle number would just be their callsign, like D1 for Delta 1, etc.
Doesn't PTA also contract out Wilson for Transit Guards, as well as their own staff?
Fleet numbers are a unique number assigned to the vehicle. For example fleet 123 might be allocated to Delta One and may carry Delta One markings however if fleet 247 is under going servicing the Delta One shift might be allocated to a fleet 456 which carries Delta Ten markings however they would still be referred to as Delta One and conduct Delta One duties.
Joshek wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:42 pm Doesn't PTA also contract out Wilson for Transit Guards, as well as their own staff?

Transit Officers are solely employed by the PTA. In order to be designated with the appropriate powers under the PTA act you must be employed by the authority. These powers are in addition to their powers as special constables under the Government Railways Act.
yorky wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:53 pm Are you thinking of revenue protection that mostly ride during the day? They are not Transit Officers.
Nope I am referring to Transit Officers. Day trains are populated by both Revenue Protection and Transit Officers. Transit staff levels have increased enough to permit this.
yorky wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:53 pm Not sure what is meant by that? Are you talking about the Transperth security (Wilson's) that look after the buses?
Transperth Security and Transit Officers use different radio networks and should never share the same channels.
yorky wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:53 pm Not sure if its Wilson's or Serco that provide revenue on trains though.
MSS Security provide Revenue and static guards for the Transperth Train Operations.
JhG123
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by JhG123 »

AR number seems to be related to ambulance responses. Oscar 1 requested the AR number from a Tango and they gave the current date and, what I assume, was a CAD job number or incident number, as well as the destination of the ambulance.
"Tango xx, Tango xx, Oscar 1."
"Tango xx, recieving."
"Tango xx, Oscar 1, can you provide the hospital and AR number please?"
"Tango xx, hospital is Fiona Stanley Hospital and AR number is xx-xx-xxxx and the number is xxxxxxxxx"
"Oscar 1, received, thanks."
Something along the lines of that, but you get the point.
Pereko

Post by Pereko »

AR = Action Report. Formatted as date, attendance time and service number. Many jobs initiated by the shift commander will require an AR number to be close the job off their running sheet.
6stbase
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden USDS100

Post by 6stbase »

Joshek wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:51 am Well I "figured" it out from when a Mandurah unit had an open channel and base alerted to which WT is was, put 2 and 2 together and I assume that they're handhelds. The selcall correlates to their staff number, if you look on their name badge it has a 5 digit number, same as the 5 digit CCIR tone.
The Automatic Number Identification/Seclcall ID Transmittied is actually the number of the handheld radio with a 5 preceeding it (eg: 5####).
6ST Base is clear, is there a mobile calling on this channel?
JhG123
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by JhG123 »

what are ID shots used for?
edit: found out, so they know who to not allow on property
JhG123
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by JhG123 »

Been listening to PTA train control, and I've noticed extra callsigns other than the usual "Driver xxxx". So far I've heard Sierra 34, November 39, Charlie 58, Charlie 62 and November 36. They all call in like the others, but don't know what the callsigns mean. Anyone got an idea? Thanks.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Shift numbers. They call out when leaving the yard generally, then when out of the yard the call sign is the train number (as in route number).
Last edited by yorky on Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
6stbase

Post by 6stbase »

Shift Numbers now have to be called as "November Three One", "Charlie Seven","Sierra Two One" as apposed to "C20", "N4", S18" etc...

Metro Control is also now known as Network Control.

"Driver No's" are the service number, which changes each trip
JhG123
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by JhG123 »

Just heard "Zulu 1", whatever Zulu is :shock:
6stbase

Post by 6stbase »

Network Control frequencies or Rail Security?
JhG123
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by JhG123 »

Rail security