Midland line

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

cat1

Midland line

Post by cat1 »

Just wondering what peoples comments on are on the midland line how far it's come , the improved security etc. Has it come far enough that to ease up on the security and try to improve other areas or will it need to stay at this level of secuity?
p.s when are they ever going to do the place up what a dump!
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Do up what place? The Midland station?
cat1

Post by cat1 »

yeah It needs a bit of a facelift as does midland in general! I know all that security gear must cost a fortune but is there enough left over for some paint.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

wouldn't mind some of them new trains on this side of the line either, some of the seats look 10 years old.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

cat1 wrote:yeah It needs a bit of a facelift as does midland in general! I know all that security gear must cost a fortune but is there enough left over for some paint.
You will start to notice some slight changes shortly...

Landscaping of the roundabout in the bus area, new reticulation already installed and apparently the long awaited cycleway which will run along the northern side of the terminal on the disused track.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

westernwedgey wrote:Landscaping of the roundabout in the bus area, new reticulation already installed and apparently the long awaited cycleway which will run along the northern side of the terminal on the disused track.
NONE of which is actually an improvement of the TRAIN SERVICE. Personally i don't give a s*!t about the roundabout. What i want is to be able to get on a train at peak hour (not watch 4 or 5 go past with passengers packed like sardines to the doors), and to ride safely at night without feeling threatened by other passengers.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

auntys_eyes wrote:NONE of which is actually an improvement of the TRAIN SERVICE. Personally i don't give a s*!t about the roundabout
Neither do i but it's cheaper for the PTA to "make things look better aesthetically than to pay more for more guards and security... :roll: :roll:

I think its a classic that they would rather upgrade camera security to only take pictures of people bashing and robbing patrons, hell its easier and cheaper than trying to stop or deter them in the 1st place...
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

westernwedgey wrote:
auntys_eyes wrote:NONE of which is actually an improvement of the TRAIN SERVICE. Personally i don't give a s*!t about the roundabout
Neither do i but it's cheaper for the PTA to "make things look better aesthetically than to pay more for more guards and security... :roll: :roll:

I think its a classic that they would rather upgrade camera security to only take pictures of people bashing and robbing patrons, hell its easier and cheaper than trying to stop or deter them in the 1st place...
pay more for more guards A very hot topic at the moment, ask any Transit Officer...
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

you would need to pay me well to sit in a station office for 10 hours twidling my thumbs 8) well atleast transits have computers and dvds players :lol:
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

GC101 wrote:you would need to pay me well to sit in a station office for 10 hours twidling my thumbs 8) well atleast transits have computers and dvds players :lol:
really i seem to have the same look when i enter/exit whitfords or joondalup.i have the same problem with guards, they seem to call for back up if there thump stuck :roll:
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

GC101 wrote:you would need to pay me well to sit in a station office for 10 hours twidling my thumbs 8) well atleast transits have computers and dvds players :lol:
I find it funny that you have actually sat and watched a Transit Officer for 10 hours straight to know this. Must have been rather boring I would imagine.
cat1

Post by cat1 »

[quote="dazla"][quote="GC101"]you would need to pay me well to sit in a station office for 10 hours twidling my thumbs 8) well atleast transits have computers and dvds players :lol:[/quote]

I find it funny that you have actually sat and watched a Transit Officer for 10 hours straight to know this. Must have been rather boring I would imagine.[/quote]

lol dazla, maybe the latest in reality tv shows :D only so much big brother you can watch
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

cat1 wrote:
dazla wrote:
I find it funny that you have actually sat and watched a Transit Officer for 10 hours straight to know this. Must have been rather boring I would imagine.
lol dazla, maybe the latest in reality tv shows :D only so much big brother you can watch
WE NOW BRING U *THE THUMPS*. ON channel 7 at 730 on tuesday nites.
new show new thing new officer new tranport pta officer.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here