Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

Froggles wrote:Also they seem to be wearing high-vis vests with the big lettered "TRANSIT OFFICER" on the back :D
Yeah. I guess so :) I've just never seen one then.
Froggles wrote:As for taking taggers into custody (etc)
Hope that helps you robbage.
Sure does. It's always handy to know who has the right to detain you before you serve a crane kick to their goolies and make a fool of yourself :wink:
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: bright orange vests

Post by Cloverfield »

cat1 wrote: :D what's the deal with those orange vests anyway? Is the pta trying to make them look more like police officers or just to differentiate them from the chubbies? Some transits seem to wear them and some don't.
T/O's have always had the vest, but wearing them is an initiative taken on by some Transit Officers so as Members of Public can easily identify them should they require assistance, as people continually confuse Revenue Protection and Transperth Security with Transit Officers. I have heard that it also helps with complaints as the T/O's can be identified on CCTV easily.
woobla1 wrote:except when your directly being threatened , then they hide in their cages and wait for the real police to show up.

Cages? :o I would be concerned about that... why haven't you complained? :?

Real Police... as opposed to Police? You sound like you think Transit Officers think they are Police... Transit Officers act on Legislation you can find this here
:arrow:http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/st ... ctsif.html

you might want to start your search at P for Public not Police.
:arrow:http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/st ... epage.html

Pretty much the PTA ACT defines a Transit Officers powers. If you still think that they have acted like Police (as you were insinuating in your post) then go on to read section 56... also look at the Government Railways ACT. I honestly hope that helps people understand what Transit Officers do a bit more. They are a mix between Customer Service and Security.

:idea: If you want to complain be sure to have the date time and place and ring 136213 they will transfer you to the comment line. The complaint will be investigated and you will be contacted and told the results of the investigation. Please let us all know how you go with it. Good luck and keep us all informed
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
cat1

Post by cat1 »

I too am concerned with transit guards in cages.. free the transit guards :D at least let them out for exercise!

They are a cross between customer service and security that's true but sometimes their customer service skills can leave a little bit to be desired. A lot of them don't think they should have to do customer service and don't like it. It's a bit unrealistic do work with the public and not provide customer service don't you think? Should they just be security and have customer sevice agents or have to do both?
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

cat1 wrote:
They are a cross between customer service and security that's true but sometimes their customer service skills can leave a little bit to be desired. A lot of them don't think they should have to do customer service and don't like it. It's a bit unrealistic do work with the public and not provide customer service don't you think? Should they just be security and have customer sevice agents or have to do both?
Customer Service Officers are what you sound like you want. However I can picture an image...

woobla1 wrote:except when your directly being threatened , then they hide in their cages and wait for the real police to show up.
Well in a perfect world woobla1 would actually be complaining about a real event, instead of making false stories in an attempt to discredit people in a job that he is not doing. Nor could he hold.. < my opinion

Sorry woobla1 you know you were talking sh!t about the cage comment or else you would have made a complaint.

I am tired of keyboard warriors that talk crap on forums in WA.

EDIT - Sorry Cat 1 I got your Alias confuced with woobla1.
cat1

Post by cat1 »

Hey awk ,
that's ok :D

customer service - I got that direct from transit guards, some of them are of the opinion that they shouldn't have to be seen that way. Just posing the question to see what people think but yeah some are better at security than people skills, maybe it's hard to find people who want to do both? Or to quote the simpsons when homer creates his own security company.

"finally my love of hurting people and helping people combined into one"
:D :D
cat1

train driving jobs

Post by cat1 »

I was looking at selection criteria for the train driving jobs and I was wanting to ask the train drivers out there...When your driving do you have a link with security? What if there's someone bashing down your door can you radio directly for help , can you communicate with the security on the train? Just thinking about the night trains here , cos that's prob not on the brochure!
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

cat1 wrote:Hey awk ,
that's ok :D

customer service - I got that direct from transit guards, some of them are of the opinion that they shouldn't have to be seen that way. Just posing the question to see what people think but yeah some are better at security than people skills, maybe it's hard to find people who want to do both? Or to quote the simpsons when homer creates his own security company.

"finally my love of hurting people and helping people combined into one"
:D :D
Nice quote! Yeah it is a role that requires two hats... Just where do you draw that line?
cat1

drawing the line

Post by cat1 »

not quite sure what you mean by drawing the line.. where is the line to begin with? :D
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I always remain behind the yellow line...but I found travelling quite difficult so I cross it when a train stops and get in :)
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
cat1

redman

Post by cat1 »

lol tyran :D maybe it's necessary to cross the line sometimes
funny youtube , maybe as funny as redman! not sure of the direct url but youtube , title.. 2fast2furiousperthtransitguards . Who are the guards in this clip ?? would love to hear what they have to say.
cat1

Post by cat1 »

lol was just passing on a funny clip
htfuc

Re:

Post by htfuc »

cat1 wrote:I too am concerned with transit guards in cages.. free the transit guards :D at least let them out for exercise!

I think some of the lads feel that when there are employees of the PTA that are given the same wage as they are, purely to deal with customer service and nothing else, that they should not have to deal with issues relating to customer service. However, as it is a condition of employment, you would think that they would do it.