Secureforce has lost the Contract for Transperth Feb '08

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Wilsons like everything they have there finger in will always have a high turn over off staff and to be honest and not being clairvonant.

I can see articles appearing in the west that they cant keep up, routes not being covered etc, safety gone to hell, bus drivers striking.

I use to ride the 920 and let me give you the tip what a shit bus trip no matter what time day or night, dotn nkow if it was the dregs from spearwood/hami hill or the trash picked up further south haha.
ACSO

Post by ACSO »

mythbuster wrote:How poor is holding blogging between your multiple blog ID's and attempting to inject lies and half truths on what is a serious matter.

John give it up. It's doing no one any favours.
Boy , are you way off , check out Court records etc. BUT , the good news is , Thanks to the TWU applying pressure to-day the Secureforce Transit Team members that do transfer to Wilsons will NOT be on 6months probation & WILL get their new pay rate & will NOT lose their o/t & other benefits.

I took up a different position with a different type of company with the Family , so I am glad to see the Boys that go over do not lose. Go the TWU

K.....h
Veni Vidi Vici
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Wilsons love sticking it to the little guy but good to see no one loses any money.
mythbuster

Post by mythbuster »

Govt tender website docs suggest that any undercutting of existing employment conditions would have been uncontractual anyhow.

So most of this pissing comp by blog has been based on complete bullshit anyway. Storm in a thimble.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

It's official - courtesy of seek.com.au

SECURITY OFFICERS - PERTH TRANSIT AUTHORITY

PTA SECURITY OFFICERS

OUR BUSINESS IS PROTECTING YOURS

Static-Mobile Patrol Guard you are required to detect and report all unusual activity, conduct checks,provide assistance and apprehend and remove offenders from transport authority property and land.This is a high paced career and we reward the best.

Who are Wilson Security?
Wilson is an international corporation that has been operating for more than 40 years and directly employs more than 2500 staff in Australia.

Our mobile patrol infrastructure boasts the largest fleet of security patrol vehicles in Perth. All vehicles are company owned, fitted with two-way radio comms.

Mobile Patrol Officers employed continuously for more than one year, earn a higher wage than that recommended by our industry award!

To be eligible you will need:

Availability to work on shift basis day time and night positions available.
Possession of a clean and current Manual WA driver’s license
A current WA security license
A current first aid certificate
Previous security experience will be well regarded
The ability to function within a team environment
Opportunity to progress with in the company, we promote with in where possible.
Pay rates above current AWA.
Local Operations Centre which is operational to help and support you.

In addition to standard award employment conditions, you will receive uniforms and appropriate training.

As a Wilson employee, we require you to possess a high level communication and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent personal presentation necessary to our client interactions and effective teamwork.
In addition, the ability to be self-directed and resolve issues within the scope of the position’s responsibilities are essential attributes we seek.

Wilson Security strive to promote staff from within, the State Manager has an open door policy and the team are eager for you to start as soon as possible.

Don't wait to start your new career with us, please call SHAUN WRIGHT on 08 6465 5600 for further information or Click "Apply Now" below to send your resume!

Visit us at www.wilsonsecurity.com.au
ACSO

Post by ACSO »

Current Secureforce Transit Officers Rates that MUST be adhered to

Transit Officer......$18.17 + all penalties

Senior Officer.......$19.24 + " "

Supervisor............$20.31 + " "

Senior Supervisor...$22.45 + " "
Veni Vidi Vici
daniel86

Post by daniel86 »

Ill be honest, as much as I dont like Secureforce im gonna miss laughing at them I think they shouldve kept the contract for the the sheer entertainment factor. In all honesty I think you need to be a little bit gung-ho to deal with the filth on the bus routes and I dont think Wilson has the right sort of employees to deal with this (being an ex-Wilson employee). Im curious why they havent got Chubb doing it? They have the Revenue Protection contract amongst a number of other contracts for the PTA? Anyhow it will be interesting to see how Wilson go with it, and whether they will stick with the generic Wilson vehicle decals and uniforms or go for something more specific to the role.
housemate

Post by housemate »

Last edited by housemate on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

The idea of Transit Officers being sworn into the WA Police has been raised before. The WA Police could not guarantee that they would have the same staffing levels that the Transit Guard Unit has and therefore could not satisfy the PTA that they could do the WHOLE job.

It wont happen.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ACSO

Post by ACSO »

The budget for PTA Rail Security Officers is just about $20,000,000.00 with an expected Force of 325 Officers. (about 75 - 95 short constantly)

The Budget for PTA Bus Security Officers is around $3,000,000.00 allowing a Force of about 40..........The Bus Network carries 62 - 64% of ALL Public Transport Passengers & has the lowest Budget & proportionately the highest rate of anti-social & violent behaviour.

According to www.secureforce.com.au , they tried to lift it (the pay rate) to get their Officers around the pay rate of a Bus Driver , but that made them too expensive. Bus Driver approx $24.00 ph , Secureforce Transit Officer protecting them with an average of 2 assaults per week $18.17 ph

PTA likes Cheap the best by the look of it. Are Wilsons going to be on the same freqs?
Veni Vidi Vici
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Do you mean PTA Transit Officers or the Chubbstables?

The Railways have always been the priority because they link the City up with the rest of Perth.

Are Secureforce closing down because they lost the contract?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Wilsons will have there own frequency i guess, but they have alot of vehicles to buy and get decalled up before taking over the contract.

Cheap is not always best as you know !!!

I hope wilsons get some off there guys to have english classes before hand and be interesting to see if they are pro active or if they have a high turn over off staff.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

I dislike Wilsons just as much as the next... However the Security Industry is strife with NON english speaking imports...