Secureforce has lost the Contract for Transperth Feb '08

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:i am sure PTA wouldnt hire wilson security if they didnt think they were capable of doing the job
It's based purely on $$$$ (no surprises here) and an outcome based contract, secureforce are probably a better company but Wilson obviously came in cheaper.

99% of the time PTA are signing contracts to the cheapest tenders for all of their contracts unless the provider is the only one that can offer the service required by PTA.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

pardon me if I'm wrong isn't that how most things work, you go to buy something you go for the cheapest option that does what you want it to do?
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

westernwedgey wrote:
Lucas_arts_182 wrote:i am sure PTA wouldnt hire wilson security if they didnt think they were capable of doing the job
It's based purely on $$$$ (no surprises here) and an outcome based contract, secureforce are probably a better company but Wilson obviously came in cheaper.

99% of the time PTA are signing contracts to the cheapest tenders for all of their contracts unless the provider is the only one that can offer the service required by PTA.
'
wait on hold on.isnt Pta run by the goverment?
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

The PTA is the government...

I'm sure if the Transits could get enough people they would do the lot, you might find that Wilson will employ some of the Secureforce guys who already do the job.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

oh ok
last nite i saw cubb guard dwn at perth train station.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

yer i think chubb fill in the gaps in the rail network for security when there short.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

thank you, explain why he was just standing arounnd talking.

never seen so many cops at the new station.

usually the trains are full with ppl.
another year where the numbers were down.
Last edited by playworth on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Tyranus wrote:pardon me if I'm wrong isn't that how most things work, you go to buy something you go for the cheapest option that does what you want it to do?
If your ok with mediocrity or bare minimum approached service/product then yes or pay a few more dollars for excellence, reliability, and quality...

But we are talking about the security of taxpaying customers aren't we not something you buy from a shop counter.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

westernwedgey wrote:
Tyranus wrote:pardon me if I'm wrong isn't that how most things work, you go to buy something you go for the cheapest option that does what you want it to do?
If your ok with mediocrity or bare minimum approached service/product then yes or pay a few more dollars for excellence, reliability, and quality...

But we are talking about the security of taxpaying customers aren't we not something you buy from a shop counter.
Correct but then sometimes I think at times the guys are there as a presence not many people are going to try and start something when they've got a train guard right next to them. sure the odd person will. But I've seen drunk people come out of a Metal gig treat the guards with a sort of respect. My point is hopefully the guards act as a deterrant and don't have to break apart fights or anything else, sometimes a presence is all that is required. Obviously when you're shopping around you're looking at the same product not different products. TPA was looking for guys that can follow the busses and provide assistance, Wilson will more than likely train up the guys in that contract for some of the things they will face. Therefore TPA gets the same deal minus the rebadged american wannabe vehicles driving around supporting them. Same as when I was looking for a GPS, Mainpeak had the GPS for one price, Prestige Communications had the same GPS with extra maps for a little bit extra, or the same GPS on it's own for a lot less...Would you say I would get worse service from Prestige?
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Wouldn't know Tyranus about GPS , i was only discussing PTA contracts actually, but i wonder if secureforce guards will be offered jobs with Wilson.

I also wonder whether they would be worse off considering hours, pay and conditions etc. etc. for doing the exact same job as before, now with a new employer.

My point is public transport patrons rightfully will expect the best security service to protect them from the unruly elements, PTA expect the same except they are governed by getting the cheapest price.

My concern is do you get a better service like perhaps more guards with a more expensive contract than PTA does on a cheaper one.

After all neither will give a damn about who does it, just as long as it gets done. I just hope its not a step backwards.

Oh, in case anyone is wondering i have no affilliation with secureforce at all.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Fair call there westernwedgey I was just using the gps as an example of a product. But you do highlight a couple of issues there.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

No worries Tyranus, at least i know where to go to get a GPS now mate, Ta
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

westernwedgey wrote:No worries Tyranus, at least i know where to go to get a GPS now mate, Ta
That's the main thing, that you learnt something :P
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
ACSO

Post by ACSO »

jmmw wrote:
Lucas_arts_182 wrote:isnt it funny how everyone baggs out secureforce and was soon as a company like wilson takes over they see how good secureforce really was.
perhaps we should appreciate things a little more.
sure they may put chev badges on their commodores but it doesnt effect the way they do their job.
and i am sure PTA wouldnt hire wilson security if they didnt think they were capable of doing the job but in my opinion secureforce are just set up better and are more capable.

just one person's opinion
Already summed up by crewman perfectly.

Remember , NO other Security Service has had this Enforcement role & in 1993 when it was Metrobus it was the Government Depot managers & Union Delegate that went to Ryans private residence & asked him to clean up Mirrabooka etc.

It appears that NO experienced Secureforce Transit Officers are going to go to Wilsons Parking/Security as they will only honour the rate of pay on short shifts & then send them to other sites on the $15.70 AWA rate. But , they want them to train their people. Ho! Ho! .

By the way isn't it a Wilson Night supervisor that previously worked for Secureforce & was CONVICTED of Assault on a Juvenile & the Magistrate stated that if he was still on Transit Duties he would have lost his Security License. Two Rail Transit Officers gave evidence against him also.

Will he now go back on Bus duties???

crewman wrote:
Although we love to hate Secureforce, it is a well organised and mostly professional collection of experienced officers keen to contribute to their industry.
What is lacking in todays work ethic is 'passion' and there is no doubt that secureforce staff have this quality towards their work.
Veni Vidi Vici
mythbuster

Post by mythbuster »

How poor is holding blogging between your multiple blog ID's and attempting to inject lies and half truths on what is a serious matter.

John give it up. It's doing no one any favours.