Secureforce has lost the Contract for Transperth Feb '08

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

daniel86

Post by daniel86 »

Retracted
Last edited by daniel86 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
limafoxtrot

Thanks to Secureforce

Post by limafoxtrot »

Thanks to Securforce for the service they have provided the community over these years. It will be hard for another company to fill those shoes.

For those people who are bagging Secureforce and it's Director John Ryan, unless you have put the uniform on and gone out to service the commuters of Perth and put up with the krap, then you know absolutely nothing and have no rights to say anything.

All the comments I have read here have come from people who have "heard that" or "seen that" but never been apart of it to understand. Sure the money wasn't the best, but the job for most was done because it was unlike any other job. It was a job other people get to sit and watch and critisise from the sidelines but never did it themselves.

You say some of the guys were heavy handed, but the amount of abuse these guys had to put up with and the violence that was bestowed upon them is immense. They did what they had to do to protect the staff of PTA, passengers of the bus network, and themselves.

You can also laugh at the chevy badging of vehicles and the flashy badges they wear on uniform. But the image of Secureforce is unlike anyone else. The equipment provided to officers was high quality and techologically up to date.

It is a shame to see the contract end, and I wish Wilsons the best of luck. But don't bag out the guys who are now out of a job, and risked their own well being to serve the community.

No one could name all the members of the public who at some stage over 15 years, were helped by the staff of Secureforce. Whether it have been on a 920 route from Freo to Rockingham with 30 drunk partygoers, in the middle of a deserted station waiting for a bus at midnight or at a bus stop in the middle of a backstreet.

Thanks again.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: Thanks to Secureforce

Post by vk6hgr »

limafoxtrot wrote:Thanks to Securforce for the service they have provided the community over these years. It will be hard for another company to fill those shoes.
(snip)

Well said.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
daniel86

Post by daniel86 »

I agree I think we are all very quick to berate Secureforce and John Ryan and as much as those amongst us may love to hate him I think its important to not overlook the work that the Secureforce guards have done over the years dealing with the trash on the public transport system with little or no recognition and constant harassment for a payrate that could certainly be considered to be an insult so hats off to those guys. I think its important also to remember that these guys are real people with families, mortgages, bills to pay and mouths to feed and with the cost of living rising an event like this could place a tremendous amount of financial burden on these people. I certainly hope that all of the ex-secureforce employees are able to find gainful employment within the industry quickly without having to undergo too much financial pressure. I certainly apologise to any secureforce employee who i may have offended in previous posts it certainly wasnt my intention I just have a chip on my shoulder toward Mr Ryan and I guess I can run my mouth on occasion. I certainly respect the work you do and wish you all the best in whatever future career move you decide to take.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

limafoxtrot: love how you mentioned the 920 what a **** route at he best of times.

I always think better the devil you know than the one you dont, after seeing a wilsons guard try and secure a shop lifter on his own god help us.

(The shoplifter got away)
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

I am afraid some of us have "been there" and "done that" foxtrot, but everyone has their own opinion.
mythbuster

Post by mythbuster »

The funny part is that ACSO is John Ryan without question.

This is like Cousin's Applecross run. "You're Ben Cousins!". Reply "No I'm not!".

Contender for juvenile dummy spit of the year...and it's only January.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

I agree secure force may have been a bit too enthusiastic sometimes, but it was to the publics benefit.

as for the director and the whole chevy rebadging/ california highway patrol motorbikes etc.. well the image of the company was and still is a joke.

The guards did a very good job, and I wish them the best.
ACSO

Post by ACSO »

ACSO is me , Kenneth McCandlish ,

I was at Secureforce International for over 9 years & if you haven't worked during a confrontation with Violent Idiots on Buses & Stations don't criticise us or John Ryan , (How many Bosses put on Uniforms & work alongside the 'boys') & he has been stabbed,kicked, punched & rocks thrown at him just like us. I will be with some of the ex employees on Armed work & Armoured Trucks & I helped train the Transit Team in Batons, Handcuffs , OC etc.

Glandular Fever & Hepatitis have been through a few of us from some of the "contacts" we had

How many Companies issue Riot Shields??? we had them , we needed them.

If you haven't walked in our shoes do not judge us.

Just imagine how many more Drivers, & travelling public would be injured if we hadn't been there.Remember the majority of travelling public use Buses (over 60%)

About a dozen of our Probationers & Trainees are going to Wilsons along with about 7 or 8 experienced guys , the rest ( about 30 + ) are like me & gone to other duties & Companies . mainly because our Team has been broken up.

Remember most of the experienced team were there from 2 - 12 years. A lot of us have physical scars & quite a few are gutted over this decision as it was all to do with Dollars, and as we have just all been informed , it is now to be shorter shifts & no doubles & quite a few blokes will dip out on up to $29.00 a day.
Getting an extra week holiday & leave loading doesn't make up for it.

By the way , there are still team members on Workers Comp from Assaults & a couple still to have further treatment including major surgery from a very violent Arrest. We were there & we did it, thanks to all my former partners, but I will still be with a couple in our new jobs.

See you at the Barbie!!!!

K.....h
Veni Vidi Vici
mythbuster

Post by mythbuster »

Sorry Ken, my mistake. JR must be your typist.

As a 920 commuter I know the system can be rough, however, as a tax payer I know that government has to provide for schools, hospitals, police and infrastructure. This is not taking away from your guys efforts BTW.

The govt tender site only gives us price info on who won the contract, so we'll never know what the price difference was. If there was a big gap in price I'm sure an injured guard would prefer half the difference was spent towards hospital emergency rooms or better police salaries. If money was not a prob, coppers would be on $100k and there would be double the number so buses wouldn't need private security.
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

The current Security on trains and buses is pathetic. I felt safer on PT when i was 15 then i do now at 30. Transit Officer dont want to get their hands dirty or have a confritation so they turn a blind eye to many things happening on the trains. Heck in 2 years ive only seen them twice out of their aircon offices at Currambine station (and no thats not the office on the platform either) and im a daily commuter. I wish all the EX SF staff the best of luck.
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

HEKTIK wrote: Transit Officer dont want to get their hands dirty or have a confritation so they turn a blind eye to many things happening on the trains. Heck in 2 years ive only seen them twice out of their aircon offices at Currambine station
136213 - Say something to the people that matter... However I am assuming that you are a peak period commuter, you travel at the same time every day… you see them for 30 seconds of a 10 hour shift...

No offence meant at all, if you don’t think they are working call the Info line and make a complaint.

Your comment about Transit Officers not wanting to get their hands dirty… Go to Cannington, Kelmscott, Perth or Fremantle on a Friday night for any of the last 4 services… and let me know what you see.

EDIT - or check out the scanner and have a listen to the last service...
Last edited by Cloverfield on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
daniel86

Post by daniel86 »

Yeah, lots of fun to be had for the TO's on the Armadale line on Fri & Sat nights.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

I saw an unmarked medium-large sized sedan following a bus ib South St in Bull Creek. No idea make or model was busy at the time but i can ocnfirm it was NOT a getz.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Awk@night wrote:
HEKTIK wrote: Transit Officer dont want to get their hands dirty or have a confritation so they turn a blind eye to many things happening on the trains. Heck in 2 years ive only seen them twice out of their aircon offices at Currambine station
136213 - Say something to the people that matter... However I am assuming that you are a peak period commuter, you travel at the same time every day… you see them for 30 seconds of a 10 hour shift...

No offence meant at all, if you don’t think they are working call the Info line and make a complaint.

Your comment about Transit Officers not wanting to get their hands dirty… Go to Cannington, Kelmscott, Perth or Fremantle on a Friday night for any of the last 4 services… and let me know what you see.

EDIT - or check out the scanner and have a listen to the last service...
Or Midland line for that matter. I often see them pulling people up for smoking right next to the No Smoking signs, and have seen them pick up people because they matched a description provided before and found tagged alcohol
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.