Bus lanes

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Bus lanes

Post by nachoman »

Who is legally allowed to drive in bus lanes ?

For example on the Kwinana Freeway I have seen Secureforce vehicles and those 'AIMS' type prison vans using them.
Mad Marsupial

Post by Mad Marsupial »

Secure force and AIMS are both allowed to use the bus lane. Taxis are also allowed to use them too. Secure force wll generally only be using the bus lanes to respond to hazards, breakdowns or emergancies. The emergancy break down lane between Mt Henry Bridge and Canning Bridge are supposed to be for TRANSPERTH buses only. Although Secure Force can use it for urgent response
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

I guess AIMS are allowed to use the bus lane due to the sensitive nature of thier `cargo` and the fact that they dont want to be stopped in traffic with said cargo. Then it makes me wonder if other companies might make such a claim e.g. Armaguard...Brinks etc.. or is it more a case of getting prisoners to court on time?
scoreed

Post by scoreed »

the bus lanes are restricted to PTA vehicles only. If an emergency vehicle wishes to use the lane they must first radio path transit for permission and then they also clear the busses out
Last edited by scoreed on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hodgie

Post by Hodgie »

scoreed wrote:the bus lanes are restricted to pathtransit vehicles only. If an emergency vehicle wishes to use the lane they must first radio path transit for permission and then they also clear the busses out
the bus lanes aren't only for path, there's also southern coast and swan who can use them. i also believe vehicles responding to an emergency can use them too(ie. police, ambo and fire.)
scoreed

Post by scoreed »

yes but the emergency vehicles responding must first radio path transit for permission, and as a bonus for them path transit take the busses out of the BUS lane
Hodgie

Post by Hodgie »

wouldn't they talk to the PTA who intern would talk to swan, southern coast and path
scoreed

Post by scoreed »

no for some reason we have to get comms to radio path
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

No!!

All Emergency Vehicles - (SJA (excluding VFAS Vehicles), WAPOL, FIRIES, SJA TeamLeaders) have all due permission to enter Bus lanes in order to get to the scene quicker or to hospital quicker IF it is a Priority One - Medical Emergency or Life in Danger!!

I've seen this for my self, again and again on the Causeway. Northbound on the Mitchell Fwy from Canning Hwy North Bound.

Money trucks, etc Are NOT permitted in the Bus Lanes - except for the PTA ofcourse... In Roe Street Northbridge, Taxis are permitted to use the "horse shoe" section under the freeway, to cross the Train tracks, and head to Wellington St, Bus Station...(at a specific time after dark)
Last edited by gkoutlis on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

wow all this talk hust for one lane. :) someone gunna get married soon isay 8)
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
scoreed

Post by scoreed »

gkoutlis wrote:No!!

All Emergency Vehicles - (SJA (excluding VFAS Vehicles), WAPOL, FIRIES, SJA TeamLeaders) have all due permission to enter Bus lanes in order to get to the scene quicker or to hospital quicker IF it is a Priority One - Medical Emergency or Life in Danger!!
After they radio pta for permission
AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

scoreed wrote: After they radio pta for permission

I have used bus lanes in a variety of locations, never had to ask for permission, never been told I have to ask for permission. Anyhow, my ambulance doesn't have a direct link with anyone but SJA comms, so it would be hard to "radio" the PTA for permission. Also, the Road Traffic Code quoted above doesn't mention anything about emergency services asking anyone for permission to use a bus lane in any circumstances.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

AcesAP wrote:
scoreed wrote: After they radio pta for permission

I have used bus lanes in a variety of locations, never had to ask for permission, never been told I have to ask for permission. Anyhow, my ambulance doesn't have a direct link with anyone but SJA comms, so it would be hard to "radio" the PTA for permission. Also, the Road Traffic Code quoted above doesn't mention anything about emergency services asking anyone for permission to use a bus lane in any circumstances.

:lol: Thankyou AcesAP.... Much appreciated, I knew I was on the right track... :wink:
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member