Bus lanes

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

Bonez

Post by Bonez »

gkoutlis wrote:No!!

All Emergency Vehicles - (SJA (excluding VFAS Vehicles), WAPOL, FIRIES, SJA TeamLeaders) have all due permission to enter Bus lanes in order to get to the scene quicker or to hospital quicker IF it is a Priority One - Medical Emergency or Life in Danger!!

I've seen this for my self, again and again on the Causeway. Northbound on the Mitchell Fwy from Canning Hwy North Bound.

Money trucks, etc Are NOT permitted in the Bus Lanes - except for the PTA ofcourse... In Roe Street Northbridge, Taxis are permitted to use the "horse shoe" section under the freeway, to cross the Train tracks, and head to Wellington St, Bus Station...(at a specific time after dark)
Can I Ask Why You Seem To Use So Many Capital Letters During Mid Sentance? I Can See What You Are Trying To Say But It Makes It Hard To Read.

Thanks.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

South West Coach Lines are another example seen recently on the Kwinana Freeway... they are neither PTA nor a public bus
gromit
Amateur callsign: VK6KS

Post by gromit »

nachoman wrote:South West Coach Lines are another example seen recently on the Kwinana Freeway... they are neither PTA nor a public bus
That is so they can access the Busport which is their city departure location.
Phil ex-VK6KS
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

scoreed wrote:yes but the emergency vehicles responding must first radio path transit for permission, and as a bonus for them path transit take the busses out of the BUS lane
HOW do they magically take the Buses out of the lanes??? I dont know if you have noticed but they are lined with massive concrete barriers... The buses could not simply exit the lanes until they get to the end of the bus lane?!!

on an even better note... i have seen sooo many taxis just sitting in peak hour traffic on the FWY with a passenger inside...!! I wonder if the drivers stay in traffic to build up the fare! :lol: :lol: :twisted:
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
gromit
Amateur callsign: VK6KS

Post by gromit »

scoreed wrote:the bus lanes are restricted to PTA vehicles only. If an emergency vehicle wishes to use the lane they must first radio path transit for permission and then they also clear the busses out
Just out of curiosity, which bus lane(s) are you referring to? If it's the ones on the Kwinana freeway, Path Transit has nothing to do with them as they are a northern suburbs operator. Besides, it's the PTA that has ultimate control over them.

Since the Southern Suburbs railway went in, the only bus lane is from before the Judd St overpass to half way along the Narrows Bridge.
Phil ex-VK6KS