New PTA Transit Officer Website.

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

WHich lines run to which.

I always though it was armadale-joondalup midland to fremantle and what happens with the new mandurah line ?
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
luke

Post by luke »

female got hit was on ch nine last nite. 15yo got caught but never turn up to is court hearing.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Luke,

Your posts make no sence mate, can you run them through a spell checker and read them back to yourself before you post please mate.

Cheers
Daz
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Markmywords wrote:WHich lines run to which.

I always though it was armadale-joondalup midland to fremantle and what happens with the new mandurah line ?
Thats what it was back in the day...and is expected to be in the future when the Armadale Line is rejuvinated and station platforms extended to allow 6 car B Series EMU's (new trains).

Currently only Mandurah and Clarkson lines allow 6 car B Sets due to platform lengths...others only allow a max of 4 (as the A Set trains are 2 car sets, unlike the 3 car B's)....

The Armadale Line will connect with the Thornlie Line
The Midland Line will connect with the Fremantle Line
The Mandurah Line will connect with the Clarkson Line
imacop

Post by imacop »

AV201 wrote:
Markmywords wrote:WHich lines run to which.

The Armadale Line will connect with the Thornlie Line
The Midland Line will connect with the Fremantle Line
The Mandurah Line will connect with the Clarkson Line
"Q. Will trains from the Joondalup Line continue onto the new Esplanade Station or will it be necessary to switch trains at Perth Station?
A. No, it will not be necessary to switch trains at Perth Station. The Southern Suburbs Railway and the Joondalup Line will be one continuous line with the underground William Street platforms and the Esplanade Station being the two city stops."

they've completely forgotten about the eastern suburbs. :roll: :cry:
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

I don't blame them, do you?? :) :) :twisted:
Cat

Post by Cat »

The Men & Women on the Buses are Secureforce Transit Officers & have had that title since 1993 & were the originals to carry Pepper Spray & Batons & the only time they call Police is to hand over offenders if they cannot transport , as the Police are the prosecutors on their behalf. The Government have the prosecutorial sections set up , not Contracted Law Enforcement officers .

My husband has been there for almost 8 years now.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

The times I have come into contact with "Secure force" brought the opinion of they are a group of unprofessional power hungry under trained security officers, with little power and accountability, yet try to bring across the image of being LAPD coppers. And I have never seen them carry and baton, only OC spray, which is scary enough, considering the lack of restraint I have viewed from some of them. Leave the law enforcement to the sworn government officers I say.

And Police don’t prosecute on their behalf, it’s always up to the Police who they charge, it’s the Police who interview and make the decisision based on evidence.

On a lighter note that’s just my experiences, im sure your husband does a great job....
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Carrying OC and Batons.........how legal is that?? Batons are fine under their security licence but I dont think OC is.

PTA Transit Officer have an excemption under Sec 10 of the Weapons Act to carry any weapon that is required such as tazers, OC and even firearms.

Securefore, leave it to the Police and the REAL Transit Officers.
Cat

Post by Cat »

That's funny , I noticed the New DVD released by PTA features nothing but Secureforce Transit (Real) Officers & their Boss was appointed to the Public Transport Safety Committee by the Police for the last 2 years, & there are 2 other Senior Officers from Secureforce attend those meetings..

Methinks you have a personal axe to grind Mr. Brown.

Everyone should be working as a Team , & from what I hear that is true the majority of the time.(There will alsways be personality clashes , but, sometimes a minority of people get an obsession , which is bad for decision makers)

Their wounds are (real) blood also you know, I have had to pick up my husband more than once after hours from a hospital , from injuries received by violent people on Buses or Stations . The Police Assistant Commisioner Mr.Burnby , just last week commended the Secureforce Transit Team for doing a great job in protecting Passengers & Drivers after a few , very violent incidents they attended all in one shift one weekend recently.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cat

Post by Cat »

Thanks for that , for a while I though there were only negative vibes going.

Just as a matter of interest to assist the curious about the carriage of OC by Secureforce Transit Officers.

Reg 7 (2) (1) of the Weapons Regs States"

"if it is carried or possessed by a person for the purpose of being used in lawful defence in cicumstances that the person has reasonable grounds to apprehend may arise"

I can assure you that their team has very reasonable grounds to expect to be apprehending

Prior to the Weapons Act intro 1999 , Secureforce Officers were carrying & using OC since 1987 & OC is freely available over the counter in WA since 1995 anyway. ( I worked in a chemists & we were selling it & they still do )[/quote]
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

they sell bongs to doesent mean everyone can use them