New PTA Transit Officer Website.

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

Froggles

New PTA Transit Officer Website.

Post by Froggles »

Seems the PTA have finally got rid of the 'Guard' wording for their transits - and a flash new site to boot.

http://www.transitofficer.wa.gov.au/

Cheers.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

funny that they got a new uniform with the transit guard patch on it then decide to update the name, lol common sense would have said update the name then the uniform
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Good luck mate,

I was there for a couple of years, does'nt really matter what they call them, Special Contable, Railway Police, Transit Guards and now Transit Officers.....same job differant uniform.

They changed the uniform long before they finally changed the patch, the PTA love spending money though haha. You can beat the old leather jackets we got though.

I wonder if they have the "emergency vehicle" status for their vans yet.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

The lights are red but at this point in time they arnt emergency vehicles.

You will learn once your in the job, that you will regularly respond to emergencies and that there is justification for it.
luke

Post by luke »

mmmm i remember one time i was with a friend driving to cas* and railway van had its lights on with no siren speeding along the graham freeway and ppl were pulling over, even my friend did.

as they got off the off ramp they swtich it off and then back on when they had red light against them.

im pretty sure they have sirens but no one train to go under P2??

any one tell me that?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Do they have sirens fitted ?

I wouldnt do the job thats for sure, i use to catch the train all the time to and from work i couldnbt belive the crap that caught the train at night time and even during the day for that matter.

Good on them anyways.

Good luck in your new job anyways awk@night
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

hey awk@night good luck! let us know how it all goes :)
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

Markmywords wrote:Do they have sirens fitted ?

I wouldnt do the job thats for sure, i use to catch the train all the time to and from work i couldnbt belive the crap that caught the train at night time and even during the day for that matter.

Good on them anyways.

Good luck in your new job anyways awk@night
Ive been catching the train for the last 3 months every day twice a day and the only time i have seen a transit gaurd on the train was during the last school holidays. Seems like they are only on there now to catch schoolies evading fares. I feel safety is getting compramised compared a year ago when they used to be on every train. I cant say i feel safe on the train or at the stations.
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

I can assure you they are around, the fact that you don't see them on YOUR train doesnt mean they arent on it......

I dont see the Police drive down my street every day, but Im sure they do at some point and if I need them they will make an appearance, as will Transit OFFICERS on the Railway Network(not Guards anymore).

On the Busses.......well you will get a Security Guard who thinks he is a Transit Officer.....who will just call the Police if anything happens anyway....... :) :D :twisted:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I caught the train 5 days a week freo to city west and back i would be on the 10:40am train city bound from freo and 8:25pm train back to freo night time ALWAYS had ticket checks during the day would be done at the station by the ticket checkers at the gate.

I think they have more trouble on the bus's now than the trains, i guess when the new line to mandurah opens will be a new can of worms to open those lovely people in rocko n kwinana heading to the city (no offence to those who live down there though :p)
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Transit Officers pretty much work all their shifts in the afternoons/evenings when the trouble happens
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Awk@night wrote:...one month to go, before training starts!
Hope all goes well :) . If you end up working the Midland line, we will surely bump into each other. I catch the train to work (Midland to Claisebrook) and am always wearing ABC gear.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!