New PTA Transit Officer Website.

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

cat1

Post by cat1 »

[quote="dazla"]Carrying OC and Batons.........how legal is that?? Batons are fine under their security licence but I dont think OC is.

PTA Transit Officer have an excemption under Sec 10 of the Weapons Act to carry any weapon that is required such as tazers, OC and even firearms.

Securefore, leave it to the Police and the REAL Transit Officers.[/quote]

Hi dazla
appreciate what your saying, however, define REAL transit officer? A lot of the secureforce staff do the course with the pta and are registered officers. Of the registered staff I have met they are proffesional experienced and never once have I heard them make petty comments about who a real transit officer is. Isn't the main issue customer safety? If they where not able to carry oc spray or batons it would of been taken off them by now. There a lot of transit officers who have the same attitude please don't think I am adressing this to you alone :)
cat1
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

cat1 wrote: appreciate what your saying, however, define REAL transit officer? A lot of the secureforce staff do the course with the pta and are registered officers. Of the registered staff I have met they are proffesional experienced and never once have I heard them make petty comments about who a real transit officer is. Isn't the main issue customer safety? If they where not able to carry oc spray or batons it would of been taken off them by now. There a lot of transit officers who have the same attitude please don't think I am addressing this to you alone :)
cat1
Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
cat1

Post by cat1 »

Hi Awk@nght
thanks for the definition :D I was wondering if you might know what is the difference between a police officer and a transit officer in regards to the legsliation that governs their job?

p.s does anyone know if wilsons will have the opportunity to become registered officers as well ? Have they taken over yet?
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

When you talk legislation... you need to be more specific, under the PTA Act 2003 and GRA Act 1901 a Police Officer and Transit Officer have the same powers. A Police Officer can use legislation that Transit Officers cant’ IE drinking in public under the PTA Act carries a modified penalty of $50 and $200 if you are taken to court, but A police Officer can access other legislation that enables them to fine you $500 for the same Offence. That being said… there are many Transit Officers that are WAPOL Special Constables who may enjoy all the powers of a Police Officer and hence can access other legislation.

A Transit Officer can arrest you for drugs, he would get his power to do this under the Crim Code for Disorderly Conduct in the sight and hearing of the public… However the charge (if Transit Officers had to transport you to lock up because there was no WAPOL available, Not very likely to happen but it has before) would be upgraded by WAPOL to the appropriate charge and they would take the case…

Transit Officers have access to parts of the Criminal Code, CI Act, Young Offenders Act and a few more. They get the power to access them via the PTA Act 2003. Check out the State Law Publishers website if you want to know more information about that type of stuff.

Wilsons take over on the 16 I am sure... or 26 of Feb 08. Yeah they will have to have Authorized Officers as that’s the only way they can issue an infringement.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Roger that AWK!
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Cheers Daza
cat1

Post by cat1 »

wow thanks awk I think I'm up to speed now! Is is true that on the mandurah line they have holding cells right on the platform? I heard a rumour but havn't been on that line. I guess I also wanted to ask you about oc spray, is it worth having it as a primary defence when you can't spray it in confined or closed spaces. Would a mild form of taser be better easier? what do ya think
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Sorry but some of the questions you have asked I cannot answer. If you have questions that are more appropriate feel free to ask...

Regards
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Agree with AWK, there are come things that are operationally secure...and that is one of them.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Well i see them at murdoch train station every day looking bord as hell
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

They probably are!
Haydz

P Plates

Post by Haydz »

Hey guys does anybody know why the PTA hasnt let up on p-plates yet... WAPOL allows entry for people still on propationary driving period why not PTA?
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: P Plates

Post by Cloverfield »

Haydz wrote:Hey guys does anybody know why the PTA hasnt let up on p-plates yet... WAPOL allows entry for people still on propationary driving period why not PTA?
P plater Police are Cadets not POLICE on active duty ( I have been lead to believe. There have been Transit Officer that have held a Manual Probationary Driver License, during training and once out... They may not lifting if from the selection criteria probably as a vetting tool.? Who know?
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

wapol have droped entry age to 18 so there will be lots of coppers on p's on the streets....
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

Yea I seen a cadet in a fully decked out police car. Do you guys remember how they, the government, were planning on bringing out legislation that would limit P platers to driving low powered cars? Well that would mean the P platers cant drive the cop cars, wouldnt it?
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"