Private security back on perth trains

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

dazla wrote:Walker,

Whats the diffeance betweena Transit Guard and a Police Officer on a Train?
mmmmmmm

People will ACTUALLY do what the Police Officer says

:twisted:

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Reallllyyyy??? :twisted:

Take the word Guard off the bade like they have and it might help haha, but power wise Special Constable and Constable have the same meaning I believe.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Dazla,

As you would know, Transit guards MOSTLY deal with railway offences on railway property. Yes there are SOME guards that have been 'empowered' to deal with SOME criminal code offences.

This info was confirmed today by the Police Rail Unit. To say they are the same as Police is wrong.

Tell me, what does a Transit Guard do if they apprehend someone for possession of drugs on a train???? They take them to the Police Rail Unit and the Police deal with it.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT bashing them, as I said in my prior post, I think they do a great job with limited resources.

Walks
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Walks wrote:Dazla,

As you would know, Transit guards MOSTLY deal with railway offences on railway property. Yes there are SOME guards that have been 'empowered' to deal with SOME criminal code offences.

This info was confirmed today by the Police Rail Unit. To say they are the same as Police is wrong.

Tell me, what does a Transit Guard do if they apprehend someone for possession of drugs on a train???? They take them to the Police Rail Unit and the Police deal with it.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT bashing them, as I said in my prior post, I think they do a great job with limited resources.

Walks
Well said, I do concur.
Especially when you see those posters in trains with a Transit Guard and Police officer (same person, dressed in the following, side by side) saying they have the same "powers", which in reality is false advertising to a certain extent
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

What you are saying in relation to drugs is true, but that is a policy that the PTA have and hence they give them to the PRU Transit Guards could deal with these offences. As well as serious assaults etc as they require enquiries etc and are often handled by D's.

What the posters are mainly referring are offences that occur every day.

For example, if you give a false name or refuse to provide details to a Transit Guard or a Police Officer then the result will be the same, you will be arrested and charged.

If you assault a TG or a Copper the charge is the same and the result is the same, you will go to lockup in the back of a Delta.

If you play up in front of a TG you will be charged with Disorderly Conduct the same as you would if you played up in front of a copper.

I know your not having a dig Walks, and I appreciate that, but there seems to be a misconception in the Community about what Transit Guards can and cannot do.

I think one of the main reasons people are arrested on the trains is because they want to challenge the authority of a TG, at the end of the day if you are told to do something on a Train........just do it.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I heard two transit guards talking the other nght saying the joondalup line is the worse and the bottom end of armadale line isnt as bad as what it was.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Each line has its own problems, the Armadale and Midland line have always been popular but trouble comes and goes..........
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

transit guards have undergone abit of change they are now called transit officers and now wear WA Police style uniforms with cargos and a different shade of shirt with velcro patches and now carry OC spray
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Thats correct....
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

And some people are just to dam nice to be a transit guard.... I still cant get over that. I had applied for the transit guards and passed all of my tests but when it comes to the panel they felt that cause i hadn't had much experience in beating people up that i was not suited for the position... i mean come on seriously its not like they were going to just hand me my batten and spray and say here you go son and hope for the best. isn't that what training is for..

Sorry i will get of my soap box now...
luke

Post by luke »

lol I fail my 1st test having moblie switch on,
they kick me out... 8)
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

:lol:
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

luke wrote:lol I fail my 1st test having moblie switch on,
they kick me out... 8)
Well what can I say... I'm surprised they were able to understand your application!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Sometimes wonder what the point of Transit Officers are :!: I travel the Midland line almost daily and during the day, when most people are just travelling to and from work, they are on almost every train checking tickets. Yet at night when the trains are full of drug and alcohol affected losers, and generally anti social behaiour is commonplace, they are no where to be seen. Are Transperth interested in passenger safety and wellbeing, or just revenue raising?

Mind you since the introduction of SmartRider. I have NOT ONCE had my card scanned or checked. When the Transit Officers come through asking for tickets, and people pull out their SmartRider cards they all just smile and say "thanks".

Every day i see people eating & drinking on trains, which is an offence, taking bikes on trains during prohibited times, which is an offence, swearing & being offensive, which is an offence and often witnessed by Transit Officers who do nothing.

Sorry, rant finished :roll:
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

luke wrote:lol I fail my 1st test having moblie switch on,
they kick me out... 8)
No surprises there then!
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!