Private security back on perth trains

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

What’s the point of Transit Guards you ask, well if we take the Transit Guards away and say put chubb back on the trains what do you think will happen. What you don’t realize is Transit Officers don’t just check tickets and ride trains; they are often tied up taking people off to lockup, doing briefs of evidence, dealing with halfwits at various stations.

Why don’t you see them at night, well as you highlight there are more halfwits on the trains and now the halfwits are drunk halfwits. When a Transit Officer takes someone off a train they don’t just walk them off the station or call the Police like a Security Guard would, they take them to Perth Watch House in a van, compile a brief (2-3 hours) and then go back to the lockup to hand in the brief etc.

Once this happens a few times on a Friday and Saturday night the team of Transit Officers soon become less and less as officers are tied up at lockup, hospitals halfwit members of the public playing up at various station around the system….hence taking the off the trains.

Transit Officers make a hell of a difference on the system, I don’t see a Police Car drive past my house everyday but I am sure they are around.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I'd been visiting the army barracks in karrakatta on a tuesday night, and on my way back, a group of 4 guards came through checking tickets and multi-riders, would have been around 10 or 11pm some guys a few seats away, had alcohol that had been tagged by the police, (don't know the full story behind all that sort of thing) but it drew their attention, some checks were made, and the guys were of course removed from the train at Perth Station, which was the nearest main station, and seeings the guys weren't being aggressive. The guards therefore remained on the train, 2 finnished checking tickets while the other 2 made sure they didn't do a runner.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

[quote="auntys_eyes"]Sometimes wonder what the point of Transit Officers are :!: I travel the Midland line almost daily and during the day, when most people are just travelling to and from work, they are on almost every train checking tickets. Yet at night when the trains are full of drug and alcohol affected losers, and generally anti social behaiour is commonplace, they are no where to be seen. Are Transperth interested in passenger safety and wellbeing, or just revenue raising?

Mind you since the introduction of SmartRider. I have NOT ONCE had my card scanned or checked. When the Transit Officers come through asking for tickets, and people pull out their SmartRider cards they all just smile and say "thanks".

Every day i see people eating & drinking on trains, which is an offence, taking bikes on trains during prohibited times, which is an offence, swearing & being offensive, which is an offence and often witnessed by Transit Officers who do nothing.

Sorry, rant finished :roll:[/quote]

actually there are all transit guards on in the day and they would be the revenue protection staff (chubb) who have been put in the same uniform to look more powerful that you allways see, hense the ticket checks because thats their role, there are heaps of transits on at night but as dazla said if you get troulbe you deal with it
cat1

Post by cat1 »

but these days , during the weeknight anyways, there are less "halfwits" and less ticket checks and less of the problems of the last two years. Is it easier to be a transit officer now than two years ago hell yeah.
cat1

Post by cat1 »

standing by that,