Last Train at 4am

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Re: Last Train at 4am

Post by Infernal »

Lets keep the temper down here, its a discussion, but discuss responsibly thanks.

There are some good arguments here, at no point did i suggest that you said the city shuts down.

There is a need for reliable transport late at night, there needs to be an alternative to stuck up expensive taxi's and their drivers.

Most of the cities run public transport at night, i dont see why we have to fall so far behind.

You have listed a few good options, but i still think there needs to be others available, no one likes to be designated dave, no one likes to take their cars into the city and risk damage to them from some irresponsible people, not every one wants to go out and get maggot ed, but some people should be allowed to go out for dinner, and have a few and know there is an affordable way to get home.

People that choose to take public transport into town are already making a responsible decision by not driving, they have the option to take it into town, now why cant they have the option to take it back home again?

Transit guards are police officers are paid and trained to deal with anti social behavior.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

In an ideal society transport officers and police wouldn't have to deal with antisocial behaviour.

I don't think there is a single public transport system running in Australia that doesn't run at a loss. There is always the argument that those taxpayers who never use public transport are effectively subsidising those who do, and I don't think you can fault it, although the fraction of what is spent on public transport, is insignificant compared to the rest of the state budgets.

I wonder if any shift workers will end up catching it?
kilmo

Last Train at 4am

Post by kilmo »

Mug...as I have said before...I base my opinion on 6 1/2 years of working on Perths urban rail system and seeing first hand the people and the lack of usage of the system at that time. I guarantee that if there are 4am trains implemented, the very same people will whinge and want 24hr services, and Perth as a whole doesn't have the nightlife to support that kind of patronage. Put simply, it is not a feasible trial.
XaDvAnT

Post by XaDvAnT »

kilmo wrote:That is an absolutely ridiculous statement.
Just because you say so doesn't make it true :)
Transport is within your control (Designated driver, taxi, trains). Your statement is further proof that once people decide to go out and drink they wish to wash their hands of responsibility of anything they do.
My statement is not proof of anything, merely my opinion. You do know the difference, don't you?
If you drink responsibly you can drive a vehicle in, but the majority of people who go out these days binge drink.
Your statement is proof of ignorance. Drinking responsibly means not driving over the legally prescribed blood alcohol content. The majority of people who go out have some drinks and then head home perfectly capable of good judgment.

I'm not sure who you've been hanging out with but if that's your view of "the majority" then perhaps you need some new friends.
kilmo

Last Train at 4am

Post by kilmo »

Haha...you're right mate...it's all ignorance...I'm over arguing with small minded people who have no knowledge of the subject and only have self interests at heart.....
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Kilmo and XaDvAnT you were warned

Making comments like that are un called for, every one is entitled to have their opinion, and discuss it, in a responsible manner.

Thread closed