Last Train at 4am

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

HL 101

Last Train at 4am

Post by HL 101 »

What are your thoughts on the last train leaving at 4am?

And my question is will the Transit officers start much later to finish at 4am ?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Last Train at 4am

Post by Zebedee »

HL 101 wrote:What are your thoughts on the last train leaving at 4am?

And my question is will the Transit officers start much later to finish at 4am ?
I would imagine that if the trains are running, the transit officers would be around. And even though I have no desire to catch a train at 4am, if there's a need, why not fill it?
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

i think its a good idea now i dont have to worry about missing the 2 am train on a messy night now but the 4 am train lol
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

kyeboi wrote:i think its a good idea now i dont have to worry about missing the 2 am train on a messy night now but the 4 am train lol
If you miss the 4am train you can wander down to the river and watch the sun get up :)
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

There is no need for any train past 4am. There never has and never will be. The fact that 3,000 people out of 2 million click a link on Facebook and whinge that they can't organise themselves in a timely manner, or cant control how on much they have to drink doesn't meet the requirements in my opinion for the costs associated with running said trains.

It just goes to show if you're the minority and kick up enough of a fuss, our pathetic government will listen.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Well its a trial isn't it, if it doesn't go well then hopefully it will be axed.

No doubt the costs of guards tapping there fingers for a few hours waiting for the single services to run is going to add up.

There was comment thought that this service would move patrons out of trouble spots easier and more effectively though, this would also factor in, if people are actually using it (which I wouldn't know, I can't survive that late these days!)
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

kilmo wrote:There is no need for any train past 4am. There never has and never will be. The fact that 3,000 people out of 2 million click a link on Facebook and whinge that they can't organise themselves in a timely manner, or cant control how on much they have to drink doesn't meet the requirements in my opinion for the costs associated with running said trains.

It just goes to show if you're the minority and kick up enough of a fuss, our pathetic government will listen.

who cares it dont afect u so u shouldnt worry about it
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

The trial was going to cost the taxpayer 1 million dollars
XaDvAnT

Post by XaDvAnT »

nachoman wrote:The trial was going to cost the taxpayer 1 million dollars
They would have just wasted it anyway.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

kilmo wrote:There is no need for any train past 4am. There never has and never will be. The fact that 3,000 people out of 2 million click a link on Facebook and whinge that they can't organise themselves in a timely manner, or cant control how on much they have to drink doesn't meet the requirements in my opinion for the costs associated with running said trains.

Well that's just a typical Perth Attitude, its 2011, and Perth is the only city that shuts down at night.

It costs me $2 to catch a bus in to town, I cant get a train home no matter what time it is there is no trains to where I live, I cant get a bus home they don't run, i plan to drink, that's why im going out, I plan not to drive, but at $40 one way for a taxi I have to wait an hour to get, ive started taking the risk, and driving my car into town, its about time the gov't stepped in and took over.

Last time a mate and I tried to catch a taxi, I waived down a guy, he pulled over, asked me where I wanted to go (ballajura), and then he drove off, im sorry but that is just pathetic.
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

kyeboi - You're right. It doesnt affect me immediately as I live in Rural WA. It affects my mates who have to put up with people who are unable to manage their time effectively, control the amount of alcohol they drink, and end up committing some disorderly offence, or violent attack on Transit Officers.

I'm guessing with such grammer as "who cares it dont afect u so u shouldnt worry about it" I'm guessing you are very young or extremely uneducated. I suggest before you make outlandish comments like it "dont affect you" perhaps you should a broader look at what "affects" people. Like hearing a close friend of mine being sucker punched by some drunk idiotic f**kwit and ending up in hospital getting scans on his head and back.

Perth as a society does not deserve 4am services.

Yorky - The PTA runs at a constant loss. They dont make money for the service they provide. Instead we (and use the term collectively) as taxpayers continue to fund "trials" like this. As an ex employee of the PTA I can say without hesitation that it will more than likey become a permanent feature with no viable reasoning what so ever. That is their management style.

AO11912 - Wow, a typical Perth attitude huh ? I find it amazing that not once did I say anything about Perth shutting down but I beleive my comments stemmed around how people's attitudes to time management and alcohol consumption were the root for this 4am Train Trial. The city doesnt shut down, but apparently peoples ability to look after themselves does....heck what am I saying, our whole society breeds this "not my fault" attitude that is now rearing it's head into affecting responsible peoples lives.

The associated costs that go into this trial does not outway the benefit that is gained. Taxis are shite in Perth, I know, but I dont see a need to go out past 2am in the morning unless you are intent on "writing yourself off". And if thats the case, you need more help than a 4am train can offer.
XaDvAnT

Post by XaDvAnT »

There's certainly a demand for these services and even though I'd very rarely use them I am glad they are available.

While you can control your own actions (where you go, how much you drink, how late you stay out etc.) there are many factors beyond your control during a night out and transport is one of them if you want to be drink responsibly.

Getting a taxi home from my local pub at midnight is difficult enough, I wouldn't want to be stuck in Northbridge waiting for hours.

There are idiots who can't control themselves during all times of the day and night, but the majority of patrons are well behaved and pose no problem.
kilmo

Last Train at 4am

Post by kilmo »

keyboi - I'm still yet to see a reasonable justification for the 4am services in amongst your non sensical ramblings.

xD - What certain need is there? Justify your answer please.
kilmo

Last Train at 4am

Post by kilmo »

XaDvAnT wrote:There's certainly a demand for these services and even though I'd very rarely use them I am glad they are available.

While you can control your own actions (where you go, how much you drink, how late you stay out etc.) there are many factors beyond your control during a night out and transport is one of them if you want to be drink responsibly.
That is an absolutely ridiculous statement. Transport is within your control (Designated driver, taxi, trains). Your statement is further proof that once people decide to go out and drink they wish to wash their hands of responsibility of anything they do. If you drink responsibly you can drive a vehicle in, but the majority of people who go out these days binge drink.
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

kilmo wrote:
XaDvAnT wrote:There's certainly a demand for these services and even though I'd very rarely use them I am glad they are available.

That is an absolutely ridiculous statement. Transport is within your control (Designated driver, taxi, trains). Your statement is further proof that once people decide to go out and drink they wish to wash their hands of responsibility of anything they do. If you drink responsibly you can drive a vehicle in, but the majority of people who go out these days binge drink.
On what basis are you making that statement? You may see sensationalist stories on Today Tonight, but that doesn't mean that everyone is a violent thug.
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ