Anyone know this frequency???

Frequently asked questions.

Got a question? This is the best place to check first!
frogger

Anyone know this frequency???

Post by frogger »

i was picking up quite a bit of traffic on 417.000 on friday sounds like a taxi or chefuer service. found a listing for it being registered to telstra... anyone have any idea??

cheers
zac
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

ehhh i tho would be PTA. transport.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

What you heard is a frequency on a radio trunking network operated by a company trading as Biscom.The equipment is mounted on top of the QV1 building in town. If you do a site search here on Warsug you will find quite a few threads that will explain what trunking is ( much better than i could anyway). Most likely what you heard though is one of the companies that provides the shuttle services to and from the Airport, Hotels and other destinations like that. If you take a look at this link http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/clien ... _NO=480999 you will find a whole lot more frequencies in the same QV1 trunking network that are used by many different types of companies (predominantly swearing truck drivers). You`ll see that clicking each of those licences will offer up two frequencies...enter the top one in your scanner as this is the output frequency.