Uniden BC350C

Frequently asked questions.

Got a question? This is the best place to check first!
SCVBFB

Uniden BC350C

Post by SCVBFB »

Hey guys
I've just bought the above scanner and can't seem to pick up any FESA channels or Police. Is there something I'm not doing? I'm new to these scanners and need all the advice I can get. I'm a Volunteer with the South Coogee BFB so having the scanner working will let me know ahead of time as to whether or not I'm going to have to turn out to a fire.

Cheers!!

Karen
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I'm afraid the only BC350C I can find is on the US website and the frequency range details are below:
Frequency Coverage (BC350C) - Includes the most interesting "action" bands where you can hear police, ambulance, fire, amateur radio, public utilities, weather, and more. 25-54,108-174,406-512,806-956 (excluding cellular)

Unfortuneatly FESA operates in the 78MHz region which is not covered by your scanner.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
SCVBFB

Post by SCVBFB »

Thanks for that information, I thought that must have been the case... looks like we have bought something that's of no use to us. Never mind, I have managed to find them online so I can listen from my laptop however it doesn't help when we're in the car. :( :cry:
Karen

SCVBFB - "No Boundaries"
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

you'll probably be able to pick it up when fesa goes vhf,but thats probaly stil ages away.

welcome aboard
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

chrissss wrote:you'll probably be able to pick it up when fesa goes vhf,but thats probaly stil ages away.

welcome aboard
They're already on VHF. You mean when they go to the higher frequencies in the VHF band.

Welcome to the forum Karen.
SCVBFB

Post by SCVBFB »

Thanks guys,
Do you know if the frequencies that are on there can be erased and then reprogrammed? If so can you please tell me where to get it done.

I'm only new to the Volunteers but my partner has been in it for 15 yrs and was in the FRS as well
Karen

SCVBFB - "No Boundaries"
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Check the user's manual - should let you know how to do it. If you don't have one visit http://www.uniden.com/pdf/BC350Com.pdf.
SCVBFB

Post by SCVBFB »

Thanks a bunch, see how we go with that then =D
Karen

SCVBFB - "No Boundaries"