AR 1500

Frequently asked questions.

Got a question? This is the best place to check first!
mxt

AR 1500

Post by mxt »

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has heard of a AOR AR 1500 it was given to me by a friend,as i'm new to this game i'm having a hard time with this unit as it came without a manual.
I have managed to pick up the police channel 468.025 and find it interesting but can't seen to pick up over channels.
Could you tell me if this is a good unit or do i need something better to pickup other channels.

Cheers mxt
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

It should be a good rig. What antenna do you have?
mxt

Post by mxt »

Thanks WPXZBP its just the standard short rubber one that comes with the unit. :wink:
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

I can sell you a long range one I made myself out of a coathanger. They come in three styles - map of aus, question mark or xmas tree. All at the unbelievably low price of $50.
mxt

Post by mxt »

:D thanks i needed a laugh :D
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Toottoot wrote:I can sell you a long range one I made myself out of a coathanger. They come in three styles - map of aus, question mark or xmas tree. All at the unbelievably low price of $50.
Frequency range?? :wink:
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

I can tune them to whatever you want but may be dalays. Off the shelf is 88-108 Mhz.
w0mbat
Scanners and Receivers: AOR 8200 MKIII

Post by w0mbat »

I had a AOR1500 for about 8 years till the main crystal started to drift :( So I bought a AOR8200V3 :-)
The 1500 had full coverage feom 500K to 1.5G from memory. The rubber duck was OK most listening, but I bought a band spanner which helped.

Cheers!

--Steve
mxt

Post by mxt »

Thanks Steve i appreciate your comment. The unit is in near new condition with all the accessories, i suppose i will just have to experiment with it, i have downloaded a manual from the net but its hard to understand will just have to persevere with it. :wink: