Motorola GM339

Frequently asked questions.

Got a question? This is the best place to check first!
jo_fox
Scanners and Receivers: I don’t own any yet, hoping to get advise on purchasing one.

Motorola GM339

Post by jo_fox »

Hi all,

*newbie alert*!

I’ve been around government supplied radios for a while, particularly with DFES, but would like to get a radio to listen to more than just the ComCen channel. I’ve seen a Motorola GM339 for sale - could anyone comment on its usability, suitability for what I’d like to do, and how simple it is to program?

Thanks!
radiotronics
Scanners and Receivers: AOR-DV1, SDR#

Re: Motorola GM339

Post by radiotronics »

jo_fox wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:15 pm ...I’ve been around government supplied radios for a while, particularly with DFES, but would like to get a radio to listen to more than just the ComCen channel. I’ve seen a Motorola GM339 for sale - could anyone comment on its usability, suitability for what I’d like to do, and how simple it is to program?...
Hi Jo,

The main problem with almost all professional-series two-way radios such as the GM339 (an almost all is that they're almost always either VHF or UHF and rarely both. Comcen is typically VHF, so you would need a VHF version to listen to that. But a large amount of business radio users (including UHF CB users) are on UHF.

Since you're only wanting it to listen, you might be better with a all-band scanner than this radio.
My scanners are: AOR AR-DV1 and SDR#