Group Interview-Student Ambulance Officer WA

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

FTSOH

Group Interview-Student Ambulance Officer WA

Post by FTSOH »

Hey there...
I have a group interview, on Tuesday (13th July) with St John for the Student Ambulance Officer program, and I was wondering if anyone had any info they could give me? I've spoken with an ambo friend of mine, and he told me a bit about what they look for in personality and activities they get you to do, but if anyone else has any info regarding this or any stage of the recruitment process, I'd be very appreciative. =)
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Re: Group Interview-Student Ambulance Officer WA

Post by Infernal »

Is this the Information night or the assessment center?

I went to the Assessment a few years ago for Com's, its just basically group activities, one we had to do was re design a ambulance, which involved paper, stickers coloured pens ect, more of a play group thing, but i guess they are after team work, who communicates well, if some one takes charge, who contributes to the group.

Then their was some questions on paper

Then their was a group discussion,

3 activities all up
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

Dont ask TOO many questions more so if you make it to the panel interview.

Good Luck
FTSOH

Post by FTSOH »

its at the assesment center...
do they ask questions specifically to you? or is everything done in group format?
just trying to decide wether or not to think about an 'about me talk' usualy required in group interviews!
thanks =)
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

I'm glad I never went through all of this type of stuff when I joined. Driving test, interview, write a few little essay things and a first aid test was all I did. I often wonder if many suitable people are excluded after not performing well. Like the same situation for medicine entry and the UMAT/GAMSAT. Does it test for the wrong things and exclude suitable people.
Zoe

Post by Zoe »

Hi all,

I have just been invited to attend the group interview next Wednesday at the assessment centre, i am really excited and nervous at the same time, this is something i have wanted to do for a long time.

Anyway does anyone have any tips or further information on what to expect?

Thanks all :)