Mandurah Ambulance Drugs Stolen

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Amb510

Mandurah Ambulance Drugs Stolen

Post by Amb510 »

The news link below

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 883306.htm

Link courtesy ABC News
oldambo
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden handheld and mobile

Re: Mandurah Ambulance Drugs Stolen

Post by oldambo »

Was it really neccessary to publish the contents of the pouch???
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

well it highlights the dangers of the drugs, chances are the person who stole them new the drugs that they wanted were in the bag.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
oldambo
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden handheld and mobile

Post by oldambo »

True, but also some of the contents are now public knowledge which means that the pouches will be at even more at risk of being stolen, and the ambo's in danger of being held up for the pouches, because as we all know, addicts will do anything to get drugs.
And as I understand, one of the most potent medications was left in the pouch when it was found. Some of what they did steal is dangerous in inexperienced hands, but other meds will give the thieves no enjoyment at all. So I don't think they knew what they were stealing. There are no markings on the pouch to indicate the contents.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

oldambo wrote:True, but also some of the contents are now public knowledge which means that the pouches will be at even more at risk of being stolen, and the ambo's in danger of being held up for the pouches, because as we all know, addicts will do anything to get drugs.
And as I understand, one of the most potent medications was left in the pouch when it was found. Some of what they did steal is dangerous in inexperienced hands, but other meds will give the thieves no enjoyment at all. So I don't think they knew what they were stealing. There are no markings on the pouch to indicate the contents.

It makes absolutely no difference as to whether contents of drugs in vehicles become public knowledge or not as all a Drug f%##ed person is going to think and see is .OOOHHHHHH AMBULANCE which in their mind = Drugs and needles regardless whether it has these contents or not. It is an ambulance.
gcs of 3