advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I was flicking through some other posts on the otherside and saw that someone had mentioned ALAS was sold ? so is this correct that Mr Draper doesnt have an interest in this anymore ?

And the wilson parking patient transfer service has been taken over by australian patient transfer services just incase you didnt know.

Cheers
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Markmywords wrote:I was flicking through some other posts on the otherside and saw that someone had mentioned ALAS was sold ? so is this correct that Mr Draper doesnt have an interest in this anymore ?
Cheers
Last edited by Millsy on Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

oh i see lol, definatley a bad move to buy it lol he shouldve changed the name of the business and maybe the vans to get away from the bad rep that ALAS once had, i wondered why i couldnt see them at the old depot opposite IGA in Coolongup.

Does anyone on this forum work for ALAS ?
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Markmywords wrote: Does anyone on this forum work for ALAS ?
Last edited by Millsy on Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IhateMAT

Post by IhateMAT »

Deleted by Admin - personal attack
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

IhateMAT

Post by IhateMAT »

Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

roger roger. good call.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

The debate between SJA and ALAS can go on and on and on... but at the end of the day, its people's lives we are talking about. Who cares who treats the patient, as long as they live after suffering a life changing event such as an MVA or and MI? I for one wouldn't say no to anyone jumping on my chest giving compressions if my heart stopped beating for whatever reason. Differences aside, think of the patient, not who gets there first or who did something wrong when treating them. Then lives will get saved. This 000 protocol with SJA sucks, and I've said it before. Why not utilise another adequately equipped service when there are no SJA available within 30 minutes? That is how lives are lost. POLITICS! :?
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

well spoken chicky :smt041
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

RIP

Post by Chicky »

I was saddened today to hear the sad news of the passing of Peter Draper, founder of ALAS who passed away after a short illness. Here is a man who had a dream, and went for it. He put his life and family on the line for what he believed in. RIP Peter, you were a top bloke. Condolences also to his partner, and his boy and family members.

Vale
West Coast Eagles
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

Chicky wrote:The debate between SJA and ALAS can go on and on and on... but at the end of the day, its people's lives we are talking about. Who cares who treats the patient, as long as they live after suffering a life changing event such as an MVA or and MI? I for one wouldn't say no to anyone jumping on my chest giving compressions if my heart stopped beating for whatever reason. Differences aside, think of the patient, not who gets there first or who did something wrong when treating them. Then lives will get saved. This 000 protocol with SJA sucks, and I've said it before. Why not utilise another adequately equipped service when there are no SJA available within 30 minutes? That is how lives are lost. POLITICS! :?
"this 000 protocol with SJA" that you speak of belongs to the Government of Western Australia and their policy of a single emergency ambulance service
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Ambul8 wrote:"this 000 protocol with SJA" that you speak of belongs to the Government of Western Australia and their policy of a single emergency ambulance service
That's right, Ambul8. As the saying goes, money talks.....
West Coast Eagles
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Markmywords

Re: RIP

Post by Markmywords »

Chicky wrote:I was saddened today to hear the sad news of the passing of Peter Draper, founder of ALAS who passed away after a short illness. Here is a man who had a dream, and went for it. He put his life and family on the line for what he believed in. RIP Peter, you were a top bloke. Condolences also to his partner, and his boy and family members.

Vale
You serious ?

Well all i can say is RIP Mr Draper and i'll leave it at that.
Last edited by Markmywords on Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

No, I'm not joking. :( See today's West.
West Coast Eagles
R/Up 1991 & 2005