advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: sawdust

Post by Kyle »

PFO wrote:should be part of a vehicle checklist. didnt anyone check that lol.Dangerous place to be if you zap someone and the machine was due for service and or recallibration 5 years prior lol.
PFO there is a reason for me wanting aliens to zap them out of existence. Some of the worst Ambulance Services in West Africa would give them a run for their money.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
musketeer

defib

Post by musketeer »

Use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't it just there for show?
Does anyone there know how to use the unserviced, uncalibrated piece of equipment?
I would say the answer is no as the "paramedic" instructed me on using dots when shocking!!!!! :oops: :lol: :oops: :roll:
PFO
Banned

Re: defib

Post by PFO »

[quote="musketeer"]Use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't it just there for show?
Does anyone there know how to use the unserviced, uncalibrated piece of equipment?
I would say the answer is no as the "paramedic" instructed me on using dots when shocking!!!!! :oops: :lol: :oops: :roll:[/quote]BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it wasnt the same super paramedic that kicks in windows and hits the patient in the head with his steel cap is it. Unbefarkenlievable :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :smt044 :smt044 [-X [-o< :smt038 ](*,) :-# :smt040
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Interesting to see she did a half assed attempt to copy the MAS vic vans though. Why is the gear box jammed well wow it was never serviced and as an ex mica van (what does that mean) well means about 20 calls per day being driven hard in the shittest suburb.

The vans sat at fowles auction for $17,000 each for weeks then were brought by a car yard and sold for about $30,000 each.Then had to be decalled up etc etc. They should have the 20,000klm that the car yard offers maybe should get the warranty work done before the tranmissions screws itself.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

didnt realise that there would be any warranties for ex emergency vehicles, i thought it would be the same deal as for used 4wds ??
gcs of 3
musketeer

too much knowledge

Post by musketeer »

wow u guys blow me away!!
At least one van won't wear out., thats just superparas taxi!!!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

PFO: The car yard they brought them from offer 20,000klm on all vehicles they sell so unless they made a clause "not ambo vehicles" then not sure but the same dealer has 3 ambulance vehicles in there now they are "major disaster ambos" from nsw and heaps of ex nsw ambos but there half decommisioned and el crapo
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="Markmywords"]PFO: The car yard they brought them from offer 20,000klm on all vehicles they sell so unless they made a clause "not ambo vehicles" then not sure but the same dealer has 3 ambulance vehicles in there now they are "major disaster ambos" from nsw and heaps of ex nsw ambos but there half decommisioned and el crapo[/quote] well there ya go , ive learnt 2 new things today thanks for thatMMW :D
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

are no probs.

Im curious to know how many sja vans have had transmissions replaced and at how many klms.

Have the vw ambulances had new motors or trans or same ones from new
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="Markmywords"]are no probs.

Im curious to know how many sja vans have had transmissions replaced and at how many klms.

Have the vw ambulances had new motors or trans or same ones from new[/quote] the only vw to recieve a new motor and it was just after my day was mobile 3 which had its gas removed and a recon put in. I dont think that both mobile 1 and 3 had catalytic converters either lol
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

how come they removed the lpg ?
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="Markmywords"]how come they removed the lpg ?[/quote] nothing but problems with backfiring and vapor locks and staff who were lead foots exacerbating theproblem lol
gcs of 3
musketeer

lpg

Post by musketeer »

I would have to concur PFO, plus overheating probs. Stuck me on a hwy in the middle of nowhere!!
PFO
Banned

Re: lpg

Post by PFO »

[quote="musketeer"]I would have to concur PFO, plus overheating probs. Stuck me on a hwy in the middle of nowhere!![/quote] did brads towing come to the rescue lol
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

So how many tow truck drivers called ALAS to go to prangs ??

State government insurance commision were looking at making it harder for private services to collect ambulance transport fees and looking at putting a SJA policy in only for emergencies and private companies could only collect if they were doing transfers inbetween hospitals