advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Kyle wrote:I have heard Life Aid is thinking of setting up shop in WA also.

http://www.lifeaid.com.au/

A friend of mine whom is a manager at a Oil an Gas Company asked me what i thought of them and showed me the brochure saying they were moving to WA.
life aid seem cool i dont know how they would go about getting theatre time inWA, very hard to do because of insurance reasons and the SJA stronghold in hospitals. Not particularly keen on the use of LMAs in the prehospital environment either :)
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
O.O
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Kyle wrote:
PFO wrote:
Kyle wrote:I have heard Life Aid is thinking of setting up shop in WA also.

http://www.lifeaid.com.au/

A friend of mine whom is a manager at a Oil an Gas Company asked me what i thought of them and showed me the brochure saying they were moving to WA.
life aid seem cool i dont know how they would go about getting theatre time inWA, very hard to do because of insurance reasons and the SJA stronghold in hospitals. Not particularly keen on the use of LMAs in the prehospital environment either :)
Well I personally im not impressed with St Johns. Its true if you x ALAS they won't let you Vollie. Mind you they are behind on every aspect of pre-hospital care. They still don't use spine boards? all the other states
do. !!!. The problem here is that there cant be any competition for sja whilst the Government elects to have only one emergency provider. Think about it, there is only one hospital that regularly uses ALAS and thats because they are not contracted to SJA wheras RKDH is , and there is a reason for that. The same applies to many of the private hospitals in which also use SJA . Why do u think that is?. Give u a clue $$$$$$$.

I think its great to see other Ambulance Services moving to WA. St John needs competition its healthy way of keeping them on the toes and making the much needed improvements.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

SJA do have the strong hold in the hospitals with transfers and hold the contract with the health department,no private service will obtain a contract until that changes.

Private patients can call a private ambulance service for transfer OR if the booking clerk at A&E do so BUT you would have to have a pretty good repore in there. ie ALAS @ Peel otherwise its all SJA.

Personally i think if a patient is waiting along time and no SJA crews can attend. Then the hospitals should be allowed to call a private service to transfer that patient out regardless.

Private ambulance services can bill DVA,SGIC (3rd party on ur rego),most private health providers (not hbf off course) and 99.9% get paid and at the end off the day your not running a free service otherwise what happens end up broke.

Getting patients to pay for a service they may be entitled to for free would hurt any private service as you wouldnt be very good knocking back those that were entitled to free ambulance transport.

Apart from lifeaid ive heard paramedical services maybe setting up as well. Flying under the radar is a good approach otherwise the bean counters will shoot you down the first chance they get ;)

Kyle: So your telling us that SJA wont let you vollie because you were at ALAS ? Is this correct ?
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
O.O
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

Ambulance providers overall in the state of Western Australia are of a high standard, but they have to increase their skills as our population increase.
:idea:
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Kyle wrote:
Kyle: So your telling us that SJA wont let you vollie because you were at ALAS ? Is this correct ?

Along those lines and more. Its really doesn't matter in the end. If SJA want to be mean they can.

However Karma will prevail in the end.

Yeah you got to watch out for the bean shooter. :wink: I know first hand how malicious and vindictive they can get :smt021 . :D............................... :smt068 :smt063 :smt071 :smt063
hey kyle u were saying that ALAS have a South African Paramedic (critical Care ) working with them, who is that ? i might know him
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Someone previously mentioned that the s/a paramedic is now over east working. I dont know how many s/a paramedics were working at ALAS but i believe went to SJA then went over east.

IF you scroll back through the posts you should find the reference.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Markmywords wrote:Someone previously mentioned that the s/a paramedic is now over east working. I dont know how many s/a paramedics were working at ALAS but i believe went to SJA then went over east.

yeh i know the other paramedics from SA and there hasnt been any since the young lad some 2 years ago but kyle states he worked with one last year prior to leaving :o :lol: :P :)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I believe a south african paramedic is on rescue 65 who use to be at ALAS.

Bottom line is heaps off work out to do both emergency/non emergency and even the cash cow first aid events so plenty off work for all.

The government wont change from SJA for transfers as its all ready in place and works (that being another storey) what SJA could do IF the contract with the health department allowed (but doesnt) is subcontract any work SJA cant do within the timeframe to a private provider and pay them like minimal base rate so SJA still take a cut.

Private provider would have to meet all requirements equipment and vehicle wise everyones happy.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
O.O
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Kyle wrote:
PFO wrote:
Markmywords wrote:Someone previously mentioned that the s/a paramedic is now over east working. I dont know how many s/a paramedics were working at ALAS but i believe went to SJA then went over east.

yeh i know the other paramedics from SA and there hasnt been any since the young lad some 2 years ago but kyle states he worked with one last year prior to leaving :o :lol: :P :)
PFO the SA Paramedic name is Glen Martin.. He is a brilliant Paramedic. A credit to the industry. Not sure what he is doing since I left after dec 07. I learn't more from Glen Martin then any other person in the industry. I could ask him any question and he could tell me the answer and make hard concepts easy to understand. I would buy him a round of beers at the pub anytime.. He was doing training at ALAS when I left.
that is excellent to hear hopefully he stay with the company and doesnt get snapped up by SJA :lol: