advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

I've seen it a few times of late... even on New Years Day doing a P1 from Mandurah. Have passed her on the road a few times yet not under L & S.
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Kyle wrote:
I have driven 1 of the 2 mercs. Really nice to drive nice and roomy. Have a larger feel then the standard SJA. However never thought to get my tape measure out and see if its larger :-k
The inside design maybe different, but the vans are the same.
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

Markmywords wrote:Sounds interesting what conference was it ?

Be interesting to see how they implement it.
Hey MMW, i reckon that just may be the ACAP conference and they may hvae been referring to the Certified Ambulance Professional (CAP) Program, which is kinda like a regsitration for all pre-hospital carers kinda like the EMT B I P in USA. Ie registration to a title "paramedic" or "Ao"is based on training and certification to practice from emplying body.

Check it out on ACAP website
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
Seal

my two cents worth

Post by Seal »

interesting reading

I have also worked for Advance Life, I can tell you things have changed all Paramedics hold the same qualification as SJA and higher. Some of us are qualified through charles sturt with more than 10 years on road experience.

As for the South African Paramedic I have heard he has moved interstate as he was sick of the BS from SJA

Also the original owner of Advance Life has now passed away, and his intentions were for the best
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Hi Seal Welcome aboard

I thought the guy from south africa was working on rescue 65.

Nice to see alas out n about busy as a bee lately.
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

Did Linda purchase Advanced Life from Peter before he past away from cancer?Does Peters wife still work for Advanced Life?
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

rescue10 wrote:Did Linda purchase Advanced Life from Peter before he past away from cancer?Does Peters wife still work for Advanced Life?
Yes & No.
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

Top stuff.Thanks for that
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
PFO
Banned

owner?

Post by PFO »

Kyle wrote:Linda is the owner.
high kyle, i believe thats not actually true ? :D
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

I was told Linda was the owner.I will ask the WASCC who the owner is
Markmywords

Re: owner?

Post by Markmywords »

PFO wrote:
Would we be looking at maybe a take over already by another organisation :shock:

Sometimes the stress isnt worth the hassle ;)
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

rescue10 wrote:I was told Linda was the owner.I will ask the WASCC who the owner is
they wouldnt know, things are not always what they seem
PFO
Banned

Re: owner?

Post by PFO »

Markmywords wrote:
PFO wrote:
Would we be looking at maybe a take over already by another organisation :shock:

Sometimes the stress isnt worth the hassle ;)
I dont believe so, but what i do believe is that it is time for the state government to step in and really take charge of the farce that we call pre-hospital care in WA. SJA,ALAS
Event Paramedic NPT, and any other budding ambulance compamies in this wounderful state of ours should all be a cohesive force in which we have National uniform competencies and registations so that there are no grey areas as to what people actually call themselves and what they can do.I believe that all providers in WA are actually moving forward which is great, but why not move forward in cohesion instead of having a mish mash. Who knows ? if this were to happen possibly response times would actually be truely less than that magical 10 mins.

I say stuff the politics and lets help the patient