advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

eswife

Post by eswife »

rescue10 wrote:all ex st.john so who gives a f#*k bout belmont.St.Johns thinks they are the only one but we have about 7 private amb services operatinig in perth
Now now there Rescue10, no swearing needed.... You sound a very angry person!!!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

sja charge about $150 an hour for a standby crew at an event last time i checked (in the last 6 months) and for what they get for doing the royal show (volunteer side) OUCH it must hurt the show grounds.

There are alot of small groups doing there own first aid thing, seen an old nsw ambo doing the horse events not long back and the same mob did a first aid thing in east fremantle as well last year, no name on the ambulance just decked out with all the usual things on it.

There is a difference between IP & AP about 3 years of training haha i actually thought that ALAS did everything at wanneroo raceway so was surprised when someone said another mob were doing it.
ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

Yeah they do the whole lot on the WASCC side of things but if another org hires the track they can use who they want. At the end of the day its the hiring orgs problem if the people they hire aint qualified or insured. They give them guidelines that they have to meet. I.E. for a cams event they require a doctor and a Ambulance Paramedic in a reponse vehicle plus one ambulance. This changes with each sort of event tho.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Thanks for the info !!!
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

doctor only needed for raceing only.The ambos are paramedics who have done lots of training like myself a lot of them left SJA due to politics mainily caused by one person.They are covering all bikes,drifting,tuneing days and practice.They have 1 ambulance active and a second one beeing built.The first aid post belongs to the WASCC.The injuries recieved by the bike rider(who i knew personaly) not even st johns could help.They are not being investigated.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Well good to see others are doing on site first aid etc heaps of oppurtunitys for it around perth.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Spotted alas "critcal care" ambulance today out n about. Just curious if anyone know what "special" gear they have to make it critical care, it looks like a ufo with all the lights they have on it def easy to spot when its on a P1
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

ALAS van 5 was at showgrounds last night for the Black Crusade! Which by the way was quite the awesome! Don't think they did much, as even the 2 guys involved in the only punch up didn't look too bad. But it was the best security there too, they came about 2 minutes after the fight was broken up by other fans.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
ems

The Truth About Advance Life Ambulance

Post by ems »

After talking with people from ALAS i would prefer St John Ambulance any day. ALAS has many issues which include under-qualified personnel, quality of services, safe ambulances and low employee moral.

For those that have left SJA I suggest you put aside your issues and try to go back. You don't have to be stationed alongside people you don't like. You can transfer if you want to.

SJA will welcome you back if you obey by there codes of conduct and professionalism. Don't attempt to change SJA by causing political unrest. Place your suggestion with continuos improvement. If its workplace bullying take it to HR as they will support you.

Take it from someone whom has been on both sides and now is working hard to get back in to SJA.

If you want to become a paramedic in WA.
First becoming a volunteer however (stay out of the politics). Get a feel for the job.
Then apply through the recruitment process. If you don't get in the first time try again.

If you want to become a paramedic in WA there is only one way and its SJA. They may not be perfect in every-way however the Government endorse them for 000. Don't be fooled by imitations like ALAS as career wise you won't go anywhere as there is no where to go in this small company.

dazla wrote:Well, I USED to work for Advance Life, I was a vollie Ambo with SJA, at the time there were NO, None, zip.......paramendics working on the road.

The highest qulified person was a Paramedic from South Africa, and guess where he is now.........SJA.

I worked for them from their Leeming Depot when they had the RFDS contract, at the time I had a senior First Aid and my partner....had an Occupational First Aid Certificate....wonder why they lost the contract??

I dont know any ex SJA paramedics that work for them. why would you leave SJA to get paid by the job, I got paid 20 bucks per job and if I didnt do a job in the shift...........I didnt get paid.

Allot of their staff want to work for SJA but either cant get in or work as Volunteers, mainly with the SJA First Aid Service not as Ambulance Officers.

Unfortunatly I have no confidence in them, this is not through rumors but personal experiances, driving ambulances where Sirens dont work, jobs are heard over a scanner and the list goes on.

Sorry Mills, but that just my two cents.
8) :roll: :idea:
Last edited by ems on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ems

Critical Care Ambulance

Post by ems »

Markmywords wrote:Spotted alas "critcal care" ambulance today out n about. Just curious if anyone know what "special" gear they have to make it critical care, it looks like a ufo with all the lights they have on it def easy to spot when its on a P1
ALAS only has one Critical Care Paramedic and that is the owner. Its only ever used for Bunbury Transfers that the Helicopter cannot take or events where the owner goes. There is no different then a normal Ambulance. No special equipment. X Victorian Stock. The two Mercedes Ambulances are merely for show. The majority of there fleet they drive are old VW's.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: The Truth About Advance Life Ambulance

Post by Chicky »

ems wrote:After talking with people from ALAS i would prefer St John Ambulance any day. ALAS has many issues which include under-qualified personnel, quality of services, safe ambulances and low employee moral.
Obviously whoever you have 'talked' to has some gripes against ALAS - why don't you give them a call and speak to the owner? Horse's mouth is always good for reliable information.

As for their Crit care truck being used for transfers from Bunbury only? Another fallacy - I'd be getting proof before making statements like that.

Yes, I support ALAS, and therefore any other private ambulance service that can save a life when the politics of SJA get involved in patient care.

End of comment.
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

EMS: i believe a gmc is on its way as well ex vic stock.

Hello chicky !!!! :wink:

EMS: How long were you at ALAS for and was this recent or years ago.
ems

Post by ems »

Chicky obviously works for ALAS naturally you protect it. This is a female friends personal opinion.. And one of many I have heard.. I have never worked for ALAS however you guys don't have a good reputation amongst SJA and others. .Are you a paramedic Chicky.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Chicky is a RN

EMS: ALAS change staff alot and as you know under new ownership a new fresh start, they do work within the hospital system doing transfers under a system SJA "apprantley" have full control off which is not true.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.