advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

ST_DOC wrote:White strobes i swear it had strobes in the tail lights too but im not sure only got a quick glimpse
Totally correct on that-mader fit 2 strobes into another compartment on the brake/indicator section the bus they got still had strobe pack and strobes insitu so they were lucky !!!

Does anyone know the following ?

* What type of shifts do they run/crews per day
* Whats there turn out (1 car/ute and a bus to each call
ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

Im not sure of the shifts and crewing of vehicles but i would assume that they would have a emergency crew on station and crews that do the transfers and sporting events. Dunno my guess any way
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

i saw the new bus today.
You've gotta be blind if you can't see that coming towards you.
Deaf aswell.
That siren Hammers.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

What no video of them in action :P
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

ahhh i'll see what i can do mate.

I'm working with them next week with the brigade again.

Dual School Visits.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Millsy wrote:ahhh i'll see what i can do mate.

I'm working with them next week with the brigade again.

Dual School Visits.
which schools you visiting
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

It's with the Baldivis Primary Schools Childrens Forest.

So far we have seen.
Baldivis.
Charthouse.
Settlers Primary.
Comet Bay.

And the list keeps growning and Growning.
Kolbe has put there hand up for the whole snr school...

Which is fine for me. Since i'm still just a young man of 17... Wouldn't mind the kolbe chicks doing a demo of stop drop cover & Roll.

and i can say that. I'm only young :lol:
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Yeh i'm sure they do certain schools aswell.

This is an educational program put together by Baldivis Primary.

The bush fire talks are apart of the talks...
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Millsy do alas and the bush fire brigade do regular school visits together or just a once off thing
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Just a once off thing mate.

Infact, i think it may have just been yesterday.
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

Advanced life have the contract for the WA Sporting Car Club at Barbagallo Raceway for Raceing only.SJA wanted near on $6000 for two first aid posts and one ambulance.Advanced life supplies 4 Ambulances for a lot less.SJA would not put there staff in fire proof clothing that is required by the governing body for motorsports.All practice and tuning days and driffting motorcycle racing use another private ambulance service started by local wanneroo SJA volunteers
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

What private ambulance is that ?

All practice and tuning days and driffting motorcycle racing use another private ambulance service started by local wanneroo SJA volunteers

Im sure belmont wouldnt be happy about that haha
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

all ex st.john so who gives a f#*k bout belmont.St.Johns thinks they are the only one but we have about 7 private amb services operatinig in perth
ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

I dunno where your getting your info from but they guys who USED to be at barbagallos for tuning days etc are volunteer first aiders who are members of the club. Lots of issues i believe they are currently under investigation by the motorcycle body re rider who died at barbs a little while back. From what i hear on the grape vine big F*** UP. After that ALAS got the drift and tuning days etc.... The volunteers are the guys that use the old Fseries first aid post. I heard they have no insurance either, the club covers them with insurance for basic first aid i.e. SFA skills. So if they go out of that scope their rooted. No medical director and no protocols. Recipe for disaster there. They all have industrial paramedic but call themselves ambulance paramedics?? Ambulance Paramedic in 4 days wow you must be good.

Up to 7 services i only know of SJA, ALAS, Wilsons,NPT who else runs an ambo service?

I know a few people from the club and i can tell you to bill for ambos is a lot more than $6 gs

No offence to IPs but as they know there is a big difference from Industrial Paramedic to Ambulance Paramedic. Does anyone think they should change the name of the IP crse to like of industrial medic of something like that?

P.S. Im sure the first aiders have only been looking after the bikes at barbs since the accident but im not sure so dont quote me. But as for cars, drift etc all ALAS as they have the chief medical officer etc.