Emergency Driving

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

canon
Banned

Re: Emergency Driving

Post by canon »

Zebedee wrote:
canon wrote:i would have thought that two sets of eyes on the road wherever practicable would be best practice lol.
Clearly then you thought wrong.
Hmmm are u serious ??? :shock:
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

canon wrote:
Zebedee wrote:
canon wrote:i would have thought that two sets of eyes on the road wherever practicable would be best practice lol.
Clearly then you thought wrong.
Hmmm are u serious ??? :shock:
No he's not, but I think he's trying to highlight that so long as one set of eyes are on the road then there isn't really a problem. A brief wave to an ambulance they are passing is only a short time compared to the drive back to hospital with his partner in crime in the back dealing with a casualty and only him in the front.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Actually, I was completely serious. I'm sick of people who troll these forums and contribute nothing except sniping and sarcastic comments.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

Clearly then you thought wrong.[/quote] Hmmm are u serious ??? :shock:[/quote]
No he's not, but I think he's trying to highlight that so long as one set of eyes are on the road then there isn't really a problem. A brief wave to an ambulance they are passing is only a short time compared to the drive back to hospital with his partner in crime in the back dealing with a casualty and only him in the front.[/quote]

Merely pointing out that two sets are better than one and i take offence ZEB that you think im trolling when even Tyranus thought you were taking the pee. Enroute to an emergency on a 1 is the most dangerous time driving as opposed to enroute to a hospital when you always drive to patient condition and driving technique should be adjusted accordingly. :( . There is absolutely no reason to be doing anything other than focus whilst driving on a 1 let alone have someone waving out a window and posing a distraction to the driver, but hey i know sweet FA and have been in the industry over 10 years and am naive etc etc
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

canon wrote:Merely pointing out that two sets are better than one and i take offence ZEB that you think im trolling when even Tyranus thought you were taking the pee.
I think posting history has alot to do with it.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Its called working together, when the time is right, for things on a streight road, one set of eyes is all it takes,

But when approaching Red Lights a quick all clear saves a few seconds, if it is all clear.

Normally im Writing out the Paper work and going over the rap sheet that we have been sent if im attending (not driving) as i need to be able to attack the scene the best way I can.

different strokes for different folks.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Locked, to prevent more trollish posts.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.