Metropolitan Ambulance Service

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

auntys_eyes

Metropolitan Ambulance Service

Post by auntys_eyes »

Spotted at the Swan View Show yesterday an ambulance sign written as 'Metropolitan Ambulance Service'.
Classic style white with red and blue stripes/livery and "Paramedic" emblazoned on the sides.
GMC vehicle in good condition (possibly ex Melbourne?), very recent rego plates and fresh sign writing.
(Sorry no pics :( . Had taken the kids to go on the rides)

Then today at RPH A&E, i saw a Mercedes ambulance with almost the exact same colour scheme/livery, just minus the name.

Is this a new player in the independant ambulance market??
Last edited by auntys_eyes on Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
canon
Banned

Re: Metropolitan Ambulance Service

Post by canon »

auntys_eyes wrote:Spotted at the Swan View Show yesterday an ambulance sign written as 'Metropolitan Ambulance Service'.
Classic style white with red and blue stripes/livery and "Paramedic" emblazoned on the sides.
GMC vehicle in good condition (possibly ex Melbourne?), very recent rego plates and fresh sign writing.

Then today at RPH A&E, i saw a Mercedes ambulance with almost the exact same colour scheme/livery, just minus the name.

Is this a new player in the independant ambulance market??
(Sorry no pics :( . Had taken the kids to go on the rides)
the merc is AMS ambulance. They have two mercs and the old mobile one ambulance which has been seen around the traps until recently. Interesting that there was a previous statement saying that MAS was bought out by AMS/Hostile which i wouldnt have thought would have been the case.
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Spotted the gmc in question and a VW Ambo one of the new T5 series at caltex wellington street fueling up today.

White shirts Blue Pants x 4 peoples

I got some crappy mobile pics which i'll post soonies
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

4353 wrote:Spotted the gmc in question and a VW Ambo one of the new T5 series at caltex wellington street fueling up today.

White shirts Blue Pants x 4 peoples

I got some crappy mobile pics which i'll post soonies
doesnt medic one have a gmc too?
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Yer they have a GMC with the same green decals as sja down the side and across the back and the word ambulance in blue with "medic training" or something along those lines on the side.
canon
Banned

Re:

Post by canon »

4353 wrote:Yer they have a GMC with the same green decals as sja down the side and across the back and the word ambulance in blue with "medic training" or something along those lines on the side.
Me thinks medic one have moved location too and correct me if im wrong appear to have joined forces with carepoint?
search.again

Post by search.again »

I saw that GMC ambo not so long ago in spearwood It had Metropolitan ambulance service on the side I think they are running out of a suburb called Spearwood. If you look at there location in the phone book they are on Rockingham Road but when I went to look its Watsons Reserve (a park) in spearwood I tried to ring there phone number but no one ever answers I was gonna see How i might be able to get a job there as ive just come from the eastcoast. Does anyone know how long they have been in WA?
It Just had the one Paramedic driving and no one else init thought that was a bit Strange.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Yer that ambo was at auction yesterday and sold for $9000

Been out in about since 04

They have merged with another company but you can email them employment@ambulance.org.au
RIP
search.again

Post by search.again »

The other night while watching the sky show at the end the event organisers thanked SJA as well as MAS was MAS working with SJA or did i just hear wrong or were they refering SJA as the metro ambulance service and does anyone know what type of contracts MAS have or where they get most of there work. I would imagine they would be putting tenders in as they are alot cheaper than any other provider. could be a turning point for SJA and AMS.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Simple answer NO maybe your ears need a cleaning ;)

Only SJA does the skyshow and the "Loop" allowing RSLS, AMS and the old MAS to operate in W.A is being closed off. Yep they can still provide "first aid services" BUT will not be able to use the word "Paramedic and/or Ambulance" only simple First Aid.

When the legislation comes through who knows ive been told about 12 months.

Virtually all states have an act stating only the Main stream Govt Or Govt approved ambulance service can use those word otherwise its illegall.
RIP