St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: St John Ambulance

Post by written_ficton »

gkoutlis wrote:
written_ficton wrote: I've actually seen them doing it a few times in the old mercs, one must have been in a real hurry mouting the curb at such as speed it bounced three or four times on the wrong side of the road, causing sparks to fly everywhere
That's abit over exagerated there, I doubt it very much that they'd be driving like that.

G
As i said G, I've seen them mount the curbs but my above post I've only seen once. But once you come down from the high curbs, the suspension takes the weight, hence the 'bouncing'

No over exagerated
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

written_ficton wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
written_ficton wrote: I've actually seen them doing it a few times in the old mercs, one must have been in a real hurry mouting the curb at such as speed it bounced three or four times on the wrong side of the road, causing sparks to fly everywhere
That's abit over exagerated there, I doubt it very much that they'd be driving like that.

G
As i said G, I've seen them mount the curbs but my above post I've only seen once. But once you come down from the high curbs, the suspension takes the weight, hence the 'bouncing'

No over exagerated
Sparks to fly everywhere
Seriously... :P
G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Come on Mr G - [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X
I've closed the door!
AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

I ripped the back step off a merc ambulance a few years back, going over a kerb in St Georges Terrace. Misjudged the height of the kerb.

Learnt from that one....... :oops: :oops:
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

AcesAP wrote:I ripped the back step off a merc ambulance a few years back, going over a kerb in St Georges Terrace. Misjudged the height of the kerb.

Learnt from that one....... :oops: :oops:
Less weight on the back...would have let the van go faster?? :P Look for the positives :D
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

Tyranus wrote:Less weight on the back...would have let the van go faster?? :P Look for the positives :D

Even more embarrassing was having to stop, put the step into the back of the ambulance and continue on the priority 1....
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

AcesAP wrote:
Tyranus wrote:Less weight on the back...would have let the van go faster?? :P Look for the positives :D

Even more embarrassing was having to stop, put the step into the back of the ambulance and continue on the priority 1....

#-o Very embaressing indeed. :P

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

AcesAP wrote:

Or put the patient back into the amulance :shock:
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Not SJA unfortunately, but I saw a NSW Ambulance motorbike riding down the fleet steps near the Opera house once. The suspension was coping a real workout.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

haha ambulance officers on motorbikes...hmmm that could be interesting! going down the steps in front of the opera house...I wish I could have seen that when I was over there.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Tyranus wrote:haha ambulance officers on motorbikes...hmmm that could be interesting! going down the steps in front of the opera house...I wish I could have seen that when I was over there.
I've only seen them right in the CBD. I think the idea is they can get there early by taking a shortcut through the park or down into one of the underground stations and start treating the patient before the transport arrives.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Tyranus wrote:haha ambulance officers on motorbikes...hmmm that could be interesting!
Snapped a pic of one on my recent hols. Will post eventually, along with others :)
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

I spotted an old old sja dodge ambulance while travelling to bunbury yesterday wish i had my camera on me looks like its been fully refurbished as an ambulance for a museum or for show.
RIP
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

How low and infuriating is this!!!! :evil:

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

canon
Banned

Post by canon »

gkoutlis wrote:How low and infuriating is this!!!! :evil:

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html

G
Paramedics arrived at the Summerton Rd house after receiving an emergency call from a woman whose child was choking.

They arrived to find the child weak and unresponsive, despite his mother getting resuscitation instructions over the phone.

The vandals struck in the next 40 minutes while the paramedics treated the boy.

Your right Gkoultis very infuriating and if the above excerpt is correct then its infuriating on 2 counts. 40 minutes on scene with an unresponsive child ?????? 10 mins to the nearest hospital.
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.