St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Ok tango11 cough up :p

Your in the system somewhere, definatley in the ambulance service and prob a long history of being in there or just very switched on.

* On a different note was down margs this weekend they have a very spiffo depot but over the weekend no movement literally at the station. But passed ambulance 10 heading south on friday afternoon just outta australind.
tango11

Post by tango11 »

LOL sprung....... :lol:

Been with the Saint in one form or another for many moons.

Seen many changes over those moons, some good, some not so good!

I was around when Rockingham was staffed by volunteers, when Mandurah depot was on the eastern foreshore, right next to the VFRS runners track (Hall Park), when Pinjarra was in their old building.

When doing a transfer out of Wanneroo Hospital (JHC) was like a cut lunch&water bag trip, when Warwick Depot was on the other side of Wanneroo Rd (yes it was for a while). When we still had real ambulances with real sirens, when the Red Cross would do their emergency blood runs, when a Monday morning early or a Friday night the usage convoy of vehicles heading up Wellington St towards Shenton Park.

So yup Marky..being around a little while...... :lol:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

tango11 figured as much :p

Can you remember pinjarra turning up at mandurah hospital jeans/boots and a ambulance shirt if you can you know what im talking about.

And pinjarra going "no 6DS no crew for a P3 sorry" 10mins later a one would drop in mandurah Murray 5 ready for details haha. *sigh*

Single vollie crews at midweek nights in mandurah NOT turning a wheel would be the norm and now gees you always here them out.

Can i ask are you current with SJA ? you can PM me if you dont wanna answer in public.

I can go back 15 years so i think we may have passed each other in one way or another.
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

tango11 wrote:LOL sprung....... :lol:

Been with the Saint in one form or another for many moons.

Seen many changes over those moons, some good, some not so good!

I was around when Rockingham was staffed by volunteers, when Mandurah depot was on the eastern foreshore, right next to the VFRS runners track (Hall Park), when Pinjarra was in their old building.

When doing a transfer out of Wanneroo Hospital (JHC) was like a cut lunch&water bag trip, when Warwick Depot was on the other side of Wanneroo Rd (yes it was for a while). When we still had real ambulances with real sirens, when the Red Cross would do their emergency blood runs, when a Monday morning early or a Friday night the usage convoy of vehicles heading up Wellington St towards Shenton Park.

So yup Marky..being around a little while...... :lol:
u mean u drove the "dodges"
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
tango11

Post by tango11 »

:lol: not quite...but I can remember when Melville was just off Canning Hwy, across the Rd from Meville Shopping Plaza, when Murdoch(O'Connor) was Meville FRS (WAFB). :lol:
eswife

Post by eswife »

Markmywords wrote:tango11 figured as much :p

Can you remember pinjarra turning up at mandurah hospital jeans/boots and a ambulance shirt if you can you know what im talking about.

And pinjarra going "no 6DS no crew for a P3 sorry" 10mins later a one would drop in mandurah Murray 5 ready for details haha. *sigh*

Single vollie crews at midweek nights in mandurah NOT turning a wheel would be the norm and now gees you always here them out.

Can i ask are you current with SJA ? you can PM me if you dont wanna answer in public.

I can go back 15 years so i think we may have passed each other in one way or another.
I can remember those days, I worked at Mandurah for around 10 yrs up until 2000...
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Where you a AP/AO or VAO ?

Well we have definatley crossed paths then if your talking up to 2000 and 10 years prior to that god forbid we prob sat in the same truck haha.

Interesting though.

Can you recall the talk about a falcon depot wouldve been about 1996 and wanted one right next to the falcon fire station which is now occupied by a school i think. I think it was the old fire falcon station at that time though.
eswife

Post by eswife »

Markmywords wrote:Where you a AP/AO or VAO ?

Well we have definatley crossed paths then if your talking up to 2000 and 10 years prior to that god forbid we prob sat in the same truck haha.

Interesting though.

Can you recall the talk about a falcon depot wouldve been about 1996 and wanted one right next to the falcon fire station which is now occupied by a school i think. I think it was the old fire falcon station at that time though.
VAO. Yes I remember all that talk, wasn't that before the career staff started? If you are who I think you are then we may have worked together a few times, def opposite each other!!!
tango11

Post by tango11 »

Ahah the Falcon Depot (Dawesville) is not even in the 10yr never never plan according to the lastest info via a union rep is that Pinjarra will become a fully paid depot ( :cry: for all the Pinjarra Vollies) I truely think its a shame but the service needs to move with the increase in population, what happen to Mandurah :?: :?:

The Saint doesn't see the need at this current time for a Dawesville Depot, which me have parents who live in Dawesville, both of whom have serious medical conditions, not life threating, but it is of concern to me that the Saint in its wisdom has decided against the construction of the depot.

The section of Old Coast rd between Dawesville and Australind holds a record for the most Fatal MVAs in one year, during that year I think I attended all or most both as a VFRS volly or the Saint.When I used to drive to Bunbury, I could name and remeber every white cross between home and work.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Yer the first talk about falcon depot was back in 1995, at a subcentre meeting there was a good push to start one up (the 10 year plan) so to speak but yes got canned in the ass quick smart by SJA.

And your right i went down south last weekend and couldnt belive how many cross's between falcon and australind perfect example a P2 came in last week for down whoop whoop (past lake clifton) mandurah from the depotthe attending officer requested an upgrade to a P1 based on the fact it was 30mins away...and rightly too was upgraded based on that fact.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

In regards to pinjarra becoming fully paid i can see what will happen there "OH were not doing P3's outta mandurah were here for pinjarra and backup to mandurah if there out"

But i dont think mandurah will go fully paid unless its re classified as metro not country, my understanding is (and correct me if im wrong) country depots must have mix of vollies/paid staff or just vollies.

To be honest i dont even see mandurah as country...its metro and before you know it the land between rocko and mandurah will be all housing developments "EVENTUALLY"

ESWIFE: Can you remember when we had vollies only at night and if there were 2 crews on they would fight over what to vans :p one was a shit box the other a newie haha can you remember the numbers ?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Does anyone know whats going on today with SJA

* No crews at some depots
* Some crews missing partners

And not just like a one off have been half a dozen at least i heard this morming

Is there a stop work meeting somewhere lol
eswife

Post by eswife »

ESWIFE: Can you remember when we had vollies only at night and if there were 2 crews on they would fight over what to vans :p one was a shit box the other a newie haha can you remember the numbers ?[/quote]

I remember vans 33, 17, 76, I know there were more but they were some of the oldies....
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Markmywords wrote:Does anyone know whats going on today with SJA

* No crews at some depots
* Some crews missing partners

And not just like a one off have been half a dozen at least i heard this morming

Is there a stop work meeting somewhere lol
Taking a guess, - wild guess only - The news said something about Emergency Depts in Hospitals will only accept so many patients, then have Ambulances wait outside with patients?????? I may be wrong ... but its what the news said last two nights.
G
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I remember vans 33, 17, 76, I know there were more but they were some of the oldies....[/quote]

Oh so you remember the shit box no 45 armadales old truck which still had the "your dead" siren on it. That was replaced with 33 then replaced with 82 the new diesel.

So you would know adele,taryn,hally,no so bright,the maidments,vanessa and simon,vicki,hans, there are more but cant remember them all.Ian was the SO when i left and heard that he resigned a couple of years later or retired.

I have heaps of old pics that i took when i was down there so should scan some and send them to you, you should know who i am by now anyways :p