St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

was bullsbrook. bassendean 2nd and guildford vfrs were there to doing fire duties.
A sad day for those involed.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

FireOps_Perth wrote:SJA is going to be safe either way. Liberal have already said they won't create a Government run Ambulance Service, and Labour will never change.

People have to realise that at the moment there is NO-ONE that could take over from SJA. It's a big state, people seem to forget that. Yes, I think that FESA would jump at the chance to take over the Ambulance Service in WA (they have with everything else), and I don't necessarily think it'd be a bad way to go (after all it works well in the US), but I can't see it happening any time soon. The State Government has more important things to spend money on at the moment, like Hospitals, which I believe is a higher priority. The Ambulance Service in WA works, no one can deny that. It may not be perfect, and I have my own issues with some of their protocols, but at the end of the day IT WORKS!!

Also, the market for Private Ambulance Services is going to get a lot narrower over the coming years. I honestly think we're going to see a lot of changes in the way pre-hospital care in WA is provided, but I don't think any of those changes will be SJA losing the contract.
I think that you need to increase your medications lol. SJA have never been able to keep up with demand hence the influx of both training providers in this state and Patient transport companies. Even your company of P&W are not the power it used to be and people are now using other providers due to long waiting periods as a result of P&W being the sole provider for SJA. As population increases so will demand and so will the market unless the government steps in and there isnt a thing that can be done about it. Like ive said before , Regulate the industry and things will improve. Your statement pertaining to no company coping with the state is also incorrect . Unfortunately you have an obvious bias because of who you work for which also tarnishes the point your trying to get across.No offence intended, just my opinion.

cheers :D
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

I have to agree with canon.

A SJA management team have recently gone to ETT and reviewed ambulance production i belive they also liked the new barbaritic ambulances being built as well. Ett can knock up ambulances pretty fast to each services own specs.

The Health Dept at this time is currently reviewing secondary patient transfer contracts and as canon said SJA just cant cope and health facilities are tired off waiting..sja have had there time and its a shame that P&W in the past wouldnt build ambulances for private providers (ie alas) they have shot themselves in the foot as private providers will need vehicles.
jasonjag
Banned

Thankyou

Post by jasonjag »

This may not be the right place to post, I just wish to thank the 3 Ambulances that rushed me to Charlies 2 times and 1 transfere to Hollywood in the past 3 weeks, they were very kind and gentle officers and stayed with me the whole time Charlies were on standby, their names I have forgotten now, a special thankyou to the service and crews concerned. jj
RubberDucky
Banned

Re: Thankyou

Post by RubberDucky »

jasonjag wrote:This may not be the right place to post, I just wish to thank the 3 Ambulances that rushed me to Charlies 2 times and 1 transfere to Hollywood in the past 3 weeks, they were very kind and gentle officers and stayed with me the whole time Charlies were on standby, their names I have forgotten now, a special thankyou to the service and crews concerned. jj
I doubt every ambulance officer is a member of this site.
"Quack Quack" Rubber Ducky - Sesame Street
eswife

Post by eswife »

jasonjag wrote:This may not be the right place to post, I just wish to thank the 3 Ambulances that rushed me to Charlies 2 times and 1 transfere to Hollywood in the past 3 weeks, they were very kind and gentle officers and stayed with me the whole time Charlies were on standby, their names I have forgotten now, a special thankyou to the service and crews concerned. jj
How about you ring St John and pass on your details so they can look up your case number and all concerned could get thanked on your behalf. :D
RubberDucky
Banned

Post by RubberDucky »

eswife wrote:
How about you ring St John and pass on your details so they can look up your case number and all concerned could get thanked on your behalf. :D
You better do it quickly before you need the next one and it doesn't come because they think your ungrateful.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

What the hell is the need for that attitude?
Maybe when you need an ambulance they WILL be ramped at a hospital somewhere and the nearest help you will get will be 30 kms away.
RubberDucky
Banned

Post by RubberDucky »

Leigh wrote:What the hell is the need for that attitude?
Maybe when you need an ambulance they WILL be ramped at a hospital somewhere and the nearest help you will get will be 30 kms away.
Yeah parked up with jasonjag in the back doing a sudoku.
eswife

Post by eswife »

What the???? :roll:
jasonjag
Banned

What would you expect

Post by jasonjag »

Leigh wrote:What the hell is the need for that attitude?
Thankyou "Leigh" for your sensible post, I wouldnt expect anything more mature from the Quackduck, no further comment., jj
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Not sure where else to post, but I guess here will be fine.

Noticed the St.John Ambulance Bariatric (not sure on spelling) truck in the city this afternoon.

It was on William St turning Left onto Hay Street at approx 13:15.

The person driving was in full uniform, as I crossed the road noticed the "Paramedic" insignia on the Jacket.

Is this truck for over weight people in use now?
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

RFDS due for tendering. 1st of oct will be 5 years since sja took full control. Perhaps another not for profit provider will give it a crack if they can get the vehicles?
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Canon: Currently 2nd Providers for non emergency transfers are being reviewed for ALL off the metropolitan area and chances are will be up for tender in 2009.

SJA will still hold rfds unless the Country Health Service make any special changes RFDS staff are open and willing IF the provider is given approval by the Country Health Service

And you wont need to be not for profit :)

AMS may have a good shot but dont know if they would meet the min requirements.

Min XX vehicles + Staff + Training Provider + Medical Director + Public/Professional Indemity Insurance + solid ambulance background over 5 years.
Last edited by 4353 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

[quote="gkoutlis"]Not sure where else to post, but I guess here will be fine.

Noticed the St.John Ambulance Bariatric (not sure on spelling) truck in the city this afternoon.

It was on William St turning Left onto Hay Street at approx 13:15.

The person driving was in full uniform, as I crossed the road noticed the "Paramedic" insignia on the Jacket.

Is this truck for over weight people in use now?[/quote]

I thought this vehicle got listed by the union, going by the ETT website SJA Management were over in NSW looking at ambulance production and a new bariatric ambo.