St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

[quote="canon"]Of course im sure their attitude would change if it was their DAD who was attended by one of these incompetant twats, or Their
mum that was dropped off a stretcher, or Their husband that died from a lack of trained staff.[/quote]

Is that fact or fiction ?
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

4353 wrote:
canon wrote:Of course im sure their attitude would change if it was their DAD who was attended by one of these incompetant twats, or Their
mum that was dropped off a stretcher, or Their husband that died from a lack of trained staff.
Is that fact or fiction ?
the truth will set you free. be humble, empathetic, and resilient in everything you do. And most importantly learn and continue to learn. Have i answered your question :D
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Hi 4353 :D
yes miss the old school Serpy station, those were the days when you had to hang on tight with 'Ednas School of Ambulance Driving', and had to be back by 5 to milk the cows. It was also haing to be very self sufficient, backup ambulances were rare. Yet it had a rural feel and a sense of belonging too.
The new station is great and people to work with are fantastic too. Though thinking the workload would be less... Bugger, it's increased to be more than the old station now.. Still it's fun working with paras as well.
FireOps_Perth

Post by FireOps_Perth »

SJA is going to be safe either way. Liberal have already said they won't create a Government run Ambulance Service, and Labour will never change.

People have to realise that at the moment there is NO-ONE that could take over from SJA. It's a big state, people seem to forget that. Yes, I think that FESA would jump at the chance to take over the Ambulance Service in WA (they have with everything else), and I don't necessarily think it'd be a bad way to go (after all it works well in the US), but I can't see it happening any time soon. The State Government has more important things to spend money on at the moment, like Hospitals, which I believe is a higher priority. The Ambulance Service in WA works, no one can deny that. It may not be perfect, and I have my own issues with some of their protocols, but at the end of the day IT WORKS!!

Also, the market for Private Ambulance Services is going to get a lot narrower over the coming years. I honestly think we're going to see a lot of changes in the way pre-hospital care in WA is provided, but I don't think any of those changes will be SJA losing the contract.
Paull & Warner
Strength in Reliability
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Please be aware that a tri service communications centre does exist in Darwin at the Berrimah Police HQ. Fire, police and ambulance in the one room. Fire calls and dispatch handled by a police member. Interestingly enough the Ambulance Service want to move out of it and have their own seperate one again.

With the modern computer age if ambulance need police they can send a job to the police so they don't even need to talk to them hence why you might not need them all in the same room.

Be aware that folding ambulance call taking into FESA would take alot of work as you'll need to hire/train more FESA operators in medical call taking or have to transfer the staff over and amalgamate the computer systems to suit both.

There is an old joke that goes around that the reason fire and ambulance aren't in the same stations is that the ambulance staff would wake up the fire fighters too much in the night when they have calls. On a more serious note it would need to be considered is there currently enough FESA stations to accomodate two services in one station e.g. is that more ambulance stations than fire stations. Is there room in the current stations to put the ambulance staff and vehicles/stores etc, if not is there room at the stations to expand them and what happens if there isn't room for expansion.
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Hi SJNT,
thanks for the info on that.. Sounds bit like SA Ambo Service at the central station in Adelaide back in 1998. Firefighters were complaining of being woken up in the night and Ambos not pitching in with station cleaning duties, although they were out on jobs.. (poor firies getting paid to sleep and clean)
The ambos ended up getting one side of the station to reduce disruption and keep the peace, while the firies got the other side.. It's pretty cool using a fire pole to go on an ambo job, though I learn't the hard way between level 1 and level 2.
The comms centre was split down the middle of which, a wall put in place and a single door. Firey dispatchers took fire calls and ambo dispatchers took ambo calls. Most staff going from SJASA to SAAS were kept on.. I suppose an agreement would also need to be met going from SJAWA to WAAS (govt)...
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Currently Berrimah comms is one big room with lots of little partitioned areas each with one operator, ambulance have a little section of 3, there is 1 for the fire service, and the rest is police. Interestingly enough i have seen some shared fire/ambulance stations in SA and in Alice Springs the ambulance station is next to the fire station literally next door neighbours.

Even though we get on relatively well with the fire fighters i think that seperate stations are needed. Just the different and usually busier ambulance routine compared to the fire one. It'll rub a few feathers if a big alarm goes off for the fire fighters and wakes the ambos up and vice versa. We'd love to have the fire service facilities though, new vehicles all the time, sauna and gym plus bedrooms. Currently NT doesn't have bedrooms for the ambulance crews
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Last edited by Infernal on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MBFB

Post by MBFB »

just wondering what is 6ds frequency i cant find it anywhere
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Last edited by Infernal on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MBFB

Post by MBFB »

is that the frequency 412.475 is that 6ds
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Last edited by Infernal on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Racing Official Killed By Ambulance....

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html

Do the vols at bullsbrook still do the ellenbrook raceway ?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

It says by an Ambulance, but doesn't state in the news that it was a St.John Ambulance.

Can anyone confirm that?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

perthnow.com.au shows icon of a st john ambulance, the event listing for st john doesnt show an ambulance allocated to ellenbrook speedway, but thats just for metro area stationsand doesnt include subcentres. but i do know bullsbrook did have an ambulance allocated to Targawest all weekend.