St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Should be there, thats where I just got it from Lol... ;)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Last edited by Infernal on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Is that such a bad thing? Without opening a can of worms or dispute.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Last edited by Infernal on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

AO11912 wrote:I think that equates to 36 per hour at the end of the 3 years, for a 5th year paramedic, and something like 38 per hour for team leaders
heres one to open a can of worms . If your not happy about your work conditions or the amount your getting payed , then maybe find another profession and get over it lol. ( jokes, just jokes ). Saw a para the other day wearing a shirt at work saying underpaid paramedic which i thought was pretty cool. So i take it everyones voting labour lololol
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Voting labour/liberal wont make much diff its up to the SJA Bean counters to do the right thing.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

canon wrote: So i take it everyones voting labour lololol
Not a chance...but then I don't know what the liberals are upto at the moment, looks like it's the greens then...
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

vote the zombies
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

munchkin1981 wrote:vote the zombies
I want to vote those beautiful blonde boobs oh... I mean babes [what am I thinking?>]
RubberDucky
Banned

Post by RubberDucky »

written_ficton wrote:
munchkin1981 wrote:vote the zombies
I want to vote those beautiful blonde boobs oh... I mean babes [what am I thinking?>]
Whats this about a head injury?
"Quack Quack" Rubber Ducky - Sesame Street
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

but sja paras are the best payed on road in WA lol They should have nothing to complain about lol. try working for some of the other mobs who get paid half the wage of a sja para lol. ams still not paying for N.S so go figure. they have simply continued with the crap that ALAS put out there. No one has the balls to speak up and act. Go Labour and go SJA. Common sense would say merge wa paramedics into fesa and then at least we will have a government regulated system. 4353 and rubber ducky i thank you for making me curious as to what the F@#$ is going on . Now that i know, all is good and Yes Fact before fiction. I know what the deal is and perhaps once all court proceedings are complete, you may know the truth too unless you are running from it lol
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Labours Ambulance Policy: Has not committed anything apart from "We have some guy ex dept housing & works to review it in due course"

Liberals Ambulance Policy: Absorb it into the govt but i think he has done a back flip on this already.

Makes sense to roll it into the FESA Emergency Service.

* Radio network is in place.
* 000 Capability.
* Just place the paras at fire stations.
* Increase the funding.

Just think NO confusion or delay in either service responding to a call

ie: MVA ? occupants trapped. Both respond straight away.

Canon: Anyone silly enough to get paid bananas to do relatively the same work as a SJA Para must be a monkey OR a cowboy OR not qualified.

First Intervention are already advertising for "Team Leader Paramedics" in seek....to bring in the event work for them it does makes me laugh they can do events in perth without a god dam ambulance :lol:
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Hi 4353,
I'd be careful on how you say things there. Not sure if the number resembles your service number there too...
ALAS original owner did raise the bar on several items e.g. SPO2, Biphasic monitors. Sometimes people may not get the same oppertunities as others. Does that mean they are monkeys or cowboys???

I think you are way out of line making statements like that and for other dedicated people who cannot make it in to the ambo service should not be looked upon any lesser. As far as training providers and other paramedical organisations go, there is far more happening below what you state on 'Seek'. There are many people who look at this forum who know much more than what your statements entail.

I agree with your comment on how it should be absorbed into FESA and many other topics are discussed supporting this (including WARSUG).

I get paid much more than WA state ambos and certainly don't see SJA people as any lesser. And agree with dispatching FESA and SJA at the same time.. Look at how this system is a success in the United States..

Please consider other people who are just as if not more dedicated that SJA paras, who look at this forum and are doing a high level or tertiary education while you read this.

You are welcome to PM me.. :D
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Hi Weedmeister :)

I understand what you are saying maybe my comment is confusing slightly.

I think canon was comparing alas to ams neither who i am in a position to comment on as i havent worked for either

I was saying that those who are willing to be paid less for doing the same job as SJA (when they DO have chances to get into other fields that pay alot more ie: indutrial paramedics/other ambo services in W.A) i was just using the motto "pay peanuts get monkeys" nor was it digging at vollies who do it for love and not money JUST incase it came out that way.

Without Vollies this state would be screwed literally.

We can all agree to disagree.

Dont you miss the days sitting on the balcony at the "old school" serpy depot or going down to aunty ednas for a cuppa.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

the points weedy have made are valid and in no way was i making reference to the P.D alas. Hey 4353 thanks for your views which are also valid. Interesting to see that not too many people voted on the regs topic i put up. Im really looking for constructive comments on this one as many state that they dont seem to care . Of course im sure their attitude would change if it was their DAD who was attended by one of these incompetant twats, or Their
mum that was dropped off a stretcher, or Their husband that died from a lack of trained staff.