St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I think Westonia still has an old Ford. (They did last October.)
I'll be out that way next week, will do some snooping. ;)
musketeer

SmashedXR6T

Post by musketeer »

SmashedXR6T doesn't SJA still have the "trade in" policy available re the fords and old metro mercs?
graemeb

Post by graemeb »

There are still a few Ford's in my area. As far as I know, Narrogin, Williams, Darkan, Brookton, Pingelly & Wickepin all have at least 1 Ford.
Graeme Barrett
Narrogin
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Would you agree the old fords just went better.. I mean I haven't had allot of experience with them..

Mind if Im lucky I might get a go in a F350.. one day

Musketeer: I think Bullsbrook aren't run by HQ community funded and operated.. Mind you Im not sure so don't quote me
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
SmashedXR6T

Re: SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

musketeer wrote:SmashedXR6T doesn't SJA still have the "trade in" policy available re the fords and old metro mercs?
If the trade policy your thinking about is 'whatever price tag you sell your Ford van that is the price for a second hand merc' then you would be correct as that is the only one that i am familiar with or that find the required funds from within the sub-centre to purchase a brand spanker, unless someone esle can clarify this further?

As Kyle said we are in the metropolitan zone but class as a country depot.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I spoke to a subcentre a few months ago who said that they had to sell the vehicles based on what "belmont" told them too and that they had to make up the short fall outta there own pocket for a ex metro merc. Dunno if thats across the board or depends on each sub centre as we know sja bend the rules to suit themselves.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Thats why community ambulance sub centers need donations. .. it really does make a difference every dollar counts.. more so with sole Volunteer Stations..
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

Kyle wrote:Thats why community ambulance sub centers need donations. .. it really does make a difference every dollar counts.. more so with sole Volunteer Stations..
Speaking of which kyle... The Bruce Rock Police Station is hosting a golf day in August where all funds raise go to the Bruce Rock Sub-Centre to boost there funding up.

Cost is $25.00 for a 18 hole game, will advise date later for people interested in helping the country counsins!!!
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Oy.. that was sneaky!!! :shock:
Last edited by Kyle on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
O.O
musketeer

Sub Centre

Post by musketeer »

I volunteered at a sub centre that had all funds raised by the local community "seized" by "belmont" once a paramedic arrived as station manager and dissolved the committee.
And all vollies were told not to discuss in the local community!!
d3funct.q45

Re: Sub Centre

Post by d3funct.q45 »

musketeer wrote:I volunteered at a sub centre that had all funds raised by the local community "seized" by "belmont" once a paramedic arrived as station manager and dissolved the committee.
And all vollies were told not to discuss in the local community!!
Sounds like Pinjarra :wink: They are hot on the heals of Waroona, but cant justify a paramedic yet, they just want the cash :evil:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

d3funct.q45

Someone also changed the locks to that depot i believe back in the day, they shouldve transferred ALL the funds out to an offshore account or donated it back to another subcentre.

NO subcentre is safe.

Waroonas PTV must be making some good $$$ for the centre n obvious that sja want a piece of the pie.
d3funct.q45

Post by d3funct.q45 »

Yep, its disgusting really.

Serpentine was faced with the same problem, however they donated 90% of their funds to needy subcentres around the state, and kept a small amount for themselves as a safeguard.

St John took over, however never bothered touching their remaining funds.

Good on them.
http://www.chrishermann.net

Scanning with; Uniden BC61XLT.
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Hi d3funct.q45,
you are not entirely correct. I'd be carefuly about what you say on things like that.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Last edited by Infernal on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.