St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

^Correct, although the transferring Dr can request the crew go on a P1. Straight up to the cath lab etc.
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

munchkin1981 wrote:
PFO wrote:anyone see the writeup on SJA in the paper the other day. From what ive been told their investigating 2 particular jobs in which were attended as a P1
and transferred on a one but the patients in question werent deemed as p1 patients. SJA being accused of revenue raising? Did anyone read this and confirm? Apparently the complaints are being made by the paramedics themselves. If this is true then good on them for doing so.
its the paramedicas who make the call to transfer on a 1 if they didnt think pt needed to they dont have to
totally agree munchkin. i guess the question then should be, do they charge based on response code or tansfer code? and do they charge both sending hospital and private insurance if the patient has it, or mvit and patient
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I 2nd ZO100_marto

What dr says go, sometimes you wonder.

I always thought transfers were a flat rate with sja and the non hospital calls charged p1 p2 p3
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

I know the further the distance the call is, the higher the cost, eg. A priority 3 transfer from a hospital 250k's from a particular centre is approx the same as a P1 call. The Price goes up accordingly
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Markmywords wrote:I 2nd ZO100_marto

What dr says go, sometimes you wonder.

I always thought transfers were a flat rate with sja and the non hospital calls charged p1 p2 p3
Correct, hospitals are charged a flat rate due to the workload they create. A few years back SDH transport costs were something like $30,000 per month - but still no need to put in more recourses.... you do the maths.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Schism_ wrote:I know the further the distance the call is, the higher the cost, eg. A priority 3 transfer from a hospital 250k's from a particular centre is approx the same as a P1 call. The Price goes up accordingly
This is kind of correct but really only applies to the country and then certain distances outside the towns boundary. Fixed rate for all metro and country towns.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Saw an ambulance officer not exactly leading by example while driving in an emergency capable vehicle. The driver came up to the the Freeway on East Pde on Saturday morning. On approach to the freeway and over the first set of traffic lights the driver was on a mobile phone handset, and then turned onto the freeway.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Is it me, or does that not make any sense :?
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

i think he was pointing out that the officer was on the phone while driving under emergancy condition somewhere near the freeway and a set of lights?
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Nope under Normal road, but still not obeying the law.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Question: Are all SJA Ambulance Stations in WA using Mercedes.. or are there still some F150's still out there.. I was told Busselton had a F250.. however im not sure if they still do..
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Merredin still have a Ford and Mount Barker will be getting rid of theirs soon, if they haven't already.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

WPXZBP wrote:Merredin still have a Ford and Mount Barker will be getting rid of theirs soon, if they haven't already.
So officially RIP the Ford era.. due to euro efficient engines..

The new mercs look a treat though, anyone had the privilege of driving one yet are they better then the previous model.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

Kyle wrote:
WPXZBP wrote:Merredin still have a Ford and Mount Barker will be getting rid of theirs soon, if they haven't already.
So officially RIP the Ford era.. due to euro efficient engines..

The new mercs look a treat though, anyone had the privilege of driving one yet are they better then the previous model.
I know Bindoon through funding from the local shire and the lotteries grant they have one of the brand spanking new Merc's plus the last of the Fords with the green decals on it.

Us in Bullsbrook we still have 2 diesel Fords with the original Black & White decals but these are going to be replaced with 2nd hand Merc at a later date... but we are also in the posession of one of the old petrol Fords that someone has privately brought and has parked it up at the depot for us to use when required