St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

In the west today, a $1000 fine to a guy who head butted a paramedic at freo hospital in dec last year totally disgusting penalty.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Markmywords wrote:In the west today, a $1000 fine to a guy who head butted a paramedic at freo hospital in dec last year totally disgusting penalty.
I saw this too - is that all just a One Thousand Dollar Fine????? Since when did they turn on the Paramedics too??? (not that it's suprising) they attack our Cops and get a slap on the wrist...

Bring on even tougher penalties I say for any public officer who is attacked, Minimum 5yrs jail..
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

The idiot threatened, stalked and assaulted the Paramedic, $1000 fine.

What a Joke Mr McGinty and the ruling Magistrate.

And McGinty has been delaying introducing new legislation for 18 months :evil: :evil:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I wonder if a patient can get a "Paramedic charged" after his size 12 boot goes through the drivers window and into the patients head....btw this paramedic wouldve driven that nice red ute *whoop whoop*
trekker

Post by trekker »

Markmywords wrote:
The service would run well alot smoother under government control and even at best leave country centres run by sja and cut the funding to suit.
What makes anyone think things would work better under government control! Has anyone looked at our hospital system lately....

During the recent EBA negotiations the government reckoned there is no 'nursing shortage' yet every day there are hospital beds closed due to insufficient nurses. So I can just imagine what their response would be to a claim of a 'paramedic shortage'!

If the government/heath dept ran the ambulance service:
- elective transport waiting lists
- 'ParamedicWest' providing agency staff
- AITH (Ambulance in the Home) to keep patients out of hospital longer!
- Acting Paramedics, Acting Operations Managers (from 6 to 12 months to appoint anyone to a permanent position)
- stationary ordered via catalogue
- medical supplies will come from various warehouses
- drugs will be ordered seperately from other supplies
- ambulances will have to die or be crashed before they are replaced
- Metro depots will have to fundraise to get essential medical equipment like pulse-oximeters, cardiac monitors, etc
- for every course or conference someone has to travel to, they will need to fill in 6 forms, get the approval of 5 senior people, including the Minister for Health, and will receive their travel approval after they have arrived back from the conference/course
- nobody will get paid correctly
- nobody will actually know how to read their payslip, so they won't actually know if they are being correctly or not!
- AND, if more than one patient needs transport from the same incident, the patients will be 'ramped' until another stretcher is available.....

Anyone that has worked in government hospitals long enough will be able to recognise all of the above!

Just remember what the ambulance services are going through in other states - MAS (Vic) is having trouble putting MICA Paramedics on the road, MAS & NSW Ambulance are having issues with vehicle ages/condition, SAAS still requires assistance from St John is certain parts of the state...

Patients will also still get a bill when they are transported, but it will be worked out on a per kilometre rate, rather than a flat rate dependent on the priority of transport.

I am not saying St John is perfect, but I do know that the Dept of Health, and other government run departments, are not the utopian answer that some people think they are.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

westernwedgey wrote:The idiot threatened, stalked and assaulted the Paramedic, $1000 fine.

What a Joke Mr McGinty and the ruling Magistrate.

And McGinty has been delaying introducing new legislation for 18 months :evil: :evil:
Nothing stopping the 'other' party from introducing something.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I agree with Trekker... Some valid points there.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

NSW are the only state where the unload there vehicles with low klms due to the agreement with the fleet provider (better for the crews thats for sure)

MAS vehicles are now being kept till 200,000 plus and your totally right MICA paramedics are being over worked hence leaving the sevrice or going back to being rd paramedics only.

IM lead to believe that 95% of the sja paramedics support a government based run service so no doubt we will see it not anytime soon though as the logisticas itself are at least three years in the making.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

less admin positions can also lead to problems. Who's going to do the paperwork? If it's the paramedics, then they'll be tied up doing paperwork so it'll be the same.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

Im alive!!! :D Just been studying all like a good student.. for my new position.. with a Professional Ambulance Service :wink:
[/quote]
is there such thing as a professional ambulance service?
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="munchkin1981"]Im alive!!! :D Just been studying all like a good student.. for my new position.. with a Professional Ambulance Service :wink:
[/quote]
is there such thing as a professional ambulance service?[/quote] i guess all services have their faults just some have way more than others and when your put in a position of danger intentionally by your employer, well that cant be a good thing. :lol:
gcs of 3
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

Kyle wrote:
munchkin1981 wrote:is there such thing as a professional ambulance service?
Off course there is. One that has standards, procedures , policies, training, excellent customer service and keeps their employees happy.. & delivers High Standard Patient Care & more . In the end employees can make a difference, when management and alike work towards common goals. :D, as I am going to do so.. :wink:

does it have a name surely it aint sja
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)