St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Whats the difference between the critical team leader and xray 9 ? Heard the critical team leader heading P1 to a call and xeay 9 5 mins later heading from secret harbour to rocko.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Cant miss it turn at yangebup rd right/left based on what way you come up. Take a right again and its somewhere over the left hand side not many houses so its easy to spot i dont know what street just know how to get there.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Tyranus wrote:
Markmywords wrote:Havent heard two rocks on the air for weeks are they still operational or is merriwa covering that area now ?
Nah I heard two rocks 2 saturdays ago with a priority 2 I think it was. I remember that particularly because I was going to mates place, and he was a vollie at two rocks.
They don't have SJA @ Two Rocks, only the vollie crew at Yanchep - their depot is just down the road from Yanchep VFRS.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Ambul8 wrote:
Markmywords wrote:How often do the call takers swap rolls from non emerg to emerg ?

We rang for an ambulance on friday for a call at work that collapsed was quite surprised she didnt ask me for my number name as soon as i mentioned chest pain..she sighed and said well the ambulance will be arriving nuder priority ebcause you said chest pain...lol
They dont have a choice. Auto call system dishes out call after call - 000, non urgents, inter service.

perhaps she didnt ask for number due cli (caller line id) as it displays on screen auto
Fire Brigade never asks for name address etc either, as it pops up on CLI. Saves a bit of time on each call, which'd count for alot if you're busy..
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Sja is the ambulance service right ?

vollie or perm both wear the same hat, just one gets paid the other does it for love...haha or the flashing light syndrome
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Thats what I thought, and yes my mate based at two rocks was a vollie, but did Priority calls, so they must have had at least 1 van...
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

Fastlane wrote:
Tyranus wrote:
Markmywords wrote:Havent heard two rocks on the air for weeks are they still operational or is merriwa covering that area now ?
Nah I heard two rocks 2 saturdays ago with a priority 2 I think it was. I remember that particularly because I was going to mates place, and he was a vollie at two rocks.
They don't have SJA @ Two Rocks, only the vollie crew at Yanchep - their depot is just down the road from Yanchep VFRS.
there are vollie ambos at two rocks as i know a few of them that work out of there
eswife

Post by eswife »

Everyone is right, Two Rocks is still working, the depot is called "Yanchep/Two Rocks" and it is located in Yanchep next to VFRS.
Just thought I would clear that up with you all, you all sounded confused!!!! :D
holdenvxman

Post by holdenvxman »

eswife wrote:Everyone is right, Two Rocks is still working, the depot is called "Yanchep/Two Rocks" and it is located in Yanchep next to VFRS.
Just thought I would clear that up with you all, you all sounded confused!!!! :D
Its in a different street then the VFRS but close by.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Poor girl in comms today sounds like shes having a hard time, must be a newbie but shes doing a great job :D

Well was hahaha.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

HAd to laugh one of the crews today said today and i quote ""we are available for tasking"" maybe they went to the wrong job this morning lol
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

bomber wrote:Just after the address for the cockburn depot if anyone knows where abouts it is.
Thanks
cnr View and Howe St's, Beeliar.
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

Markmywords wrote:Whats the difference between the critical team leader and xray 9 ? Heard the critical team leader heading P1 to a call and xeay 9 5 mins later heading from secret harbour to rocko.
XRAY team leaders are operational supervisors (called "On Road team Leader")

Clinical Team Leaders are there to provide clinical advise/direction/assistance.
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

The subaru in the pictures thread I believe is the Clinical Team Leaders car, shown by the single aerial on the bonnet. XRAY team leaders are usually out and about in the Marked Landcruiser or a Subaru with Two of the aerials mounted on the bonnet.