St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

tango11

Post by tango11 »

Markmywords wrote:I remember vans 33, 17, 76, I know there were more but they were some of the oldies....
33 ended up at Cockburn, where it remained until they retired it in 2005
with 500k on the clock.

83 when on to become Mandurah 3, only coz the new SO liked the Fords, also featured in Bruce & Taryn's wedding photos.

So you would know adele,taryn,hally,no so bright,the maidments,vanessa and simon,vicki,hans, there are more but cant remember them all.Ian was the SO when i left and heard that he resigned a couple of years later or retired.
Catch you up abit:

Adele is now in Qld, working as a EMS coordinator.

Taryn still there, was or getting a div from Bruce, don't know anthing else haven't seen her in a while, used to run into her at Mudrock ED.

Rosemarie is still there(Maidment) none of the kids do any shifts.

Vanessa unknown

Simon(hughes) is that who you are talking about, if so in the job.

Vicki, works for the Saint as a EMO

Hans left Mandurah, still works out of Serpie, sometimes see him at Armadale.

Ian(aka Bones) retired to dawesville

Howard Nock AP; Retired

Sharon retired due ongoing back problems

Brett Moore is a Grade 2 AO, previous VAO

Vic Roeby, retired back problems, had them in the training school, back problems that is.

APs still there:
Ian Spence
Glenn Hunter
Murray Parker
Brian Lloyd
Wayne Hunter(brother of Glenn) can't remember when he got the job
john Layton( when he isn't away training the vollies)

Newbies: well sort of
Darren Scott ex-Riverton days
Darren Warby ex-Armadale Red
John De Graff ex-Pinjarra SO also ex-Training school
Bruce Fraser ex-Blue TLAO/Ex-Fremantle SO/Rockingham
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Tango11...did we ever cross paths in the job ?

I think we did by the sounds of it somewhere somehow.

Goold old 45 would not die ever no matter how hard it was driven, 33 it sat at some auction house on great eastern highway in midland with 8 others for $5000 a pop

What happened to my mate paul snell....ive heard him on the scanner but missed the call sign.

Yer i knew simon was in the job seen him on TV doing things for operations, if you ever see him ask him if he remembers leaving his partner behind at a job and him driving off on his own haha if he cant remember i dont blame him haha

Have started a new thread and posted pics in the picture section for private ambulance vehicles !!!
Last edited by Markmywords on Wed May 30, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

Markmywords wrote: Yer i knew simon was in the job seen him on TV doing things for operations, if you ever see him ask him if he remembers leaving his partner behind at a job and him driving off on his own haha if he cant remember i dont blame him haha
no if i knew that i would have asked him tonight
He is state manager for VFAS and a AP not sure what station he is out of
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

Markmywords wrote:Goold old 45
It got retired to Australind, where she died several time only to be sucessfully retired again to Lake King.

Rumor is it will only get used twice a year down there LOL
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
tango11

Post by tango11 »

What happened to my mate paul snell....ive heard him on the scanner but missed the call sign.
Ahah Mr Snell(Smilie) :lol: , Paul is currently working out of Rockingham, Rockie 3, continues to do his best to upset all....only joking Snelly.

Mr Hughes is currently working out of Gosnells depot.

:lol: Leaving partner behind.... :lol:

Nearly as bad as watching MH 1 drive up Alma St with the driverside rear door adjar, getting comms to alert them, then finding out later that the pressure release for the stretcher wasn't secure nor was the locking clamp.

And no the warning lamp didn't come on....lucky no patient on board or the Urban Legend may have come true...... :lol:

AP and VAO names not released..... :lol:

And as for crossing paths well, yup could have done mainly out of Pinjarra, worked with Chester, John V, Carlo, Paul to name a few.

Chester is still doing the trots, races and the pony club; mind you he's getting on towards 80 I think, he received his 5th bar for service to the Saint.

Carlo (best pizzas in the Sth West) he has retired from SJA after 40yrs of service.

John Verratt retired as chairman of the sub committee, took off on a trip to find more gold....like he doesn't have enough..... :lol: Then re-ellected as chairman, he must be feeling better, still creating mass havoc so I am told....... :lol:

All the Pinjarra info comes from rellies who still have a fair amount to do with SJA.

Marky do you remember Lindsey Scott?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Lindsey scott yes indeed everyone you mentioned i know off.

Nice to see mr snell around, we didnt see eye to eye at times but was great to work with.

*P1 to rocko get to golden bay..looks like the vans over heating...um no it isnt...oh yes it yes..pulls over* 6DS this is mandurah our vans over heated we cant do this call....turns rounds and off to mandurah again.

6DS to mandurah...you WILL do this call mandurah 1...

And i dont blame simon for leaving his partner behind trust me if the roles were reversed i wouldve done the same thing haha lucky his partner was quick on his feet though, i guess anyone would be too if you were chased by the locals on tuckey street hahaha lol
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

lol @ the crew today playing "ghostbusters" music over the radio

Heaps of P3's no crews...and i quote from 6DS "i dont think any crew will be getting an 89 today"
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

IM curious i hear the crews going to the workshop at 11pm at night what time do they close ?
eswife

Post by eswife »

IM curious i hear the crews going to the workshop at 11pm at night what time do they close ?

They can drop off one anytime, just open/shut the gates...
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Workshops are open 0730 to 1630 hrs Mon - Fri. Crews drop off the vehicles during the night so they are there ready to be worked on in the morning.
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Going to auction in July is harveys F150 Ambulance...much to my surprise lights sirens and decals (SJA decals) all attached, i know SJA have a policy off all ambulances MUST bedecommisioned to ensure NO one can grab it and use it as an ambulance for there own business or affilated service :D This is because someone at SJA sold an ambulance to a private provider as an ambulance only took SJA 6 months to get it back using there legal eagles no compensation to the buyer of course.

And also spotted a Ford Long reach AU series driving up ennis ave no decals but beacons still attached which P & W dont make anymore and i think only half a dozen were sold anyways.
tango11

Post by tango11 »

The sub centers can sell their vehicles if they did the fund raising for them, but would be interesting to see what the saints reaction will be. I am wondering if thats Harvey's old bus 'Petrol' because there was some concern with some that they should hang on to the big D for transfers.

Ahah, the Ford longreach, get bus to drive if you weren't attending, some country sub centers still have them as back ups, Donnybrook, Augusta I think still have them.

Markie, Andrew will be on the Chopper as of the next Red shift rotation, so you will be able to hear his tender voice....NOT!...... :lol:
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tango11

Post by tango11 »

Here in WA, I am lend to understand that you first must be a Paramedic with at least 4yrs on road experience, there is a fairly strict selection process for any applicants.

Fitness Testing 'Beep Test + Repetitive movement' heart rate can't go above 140.
Self evaulation
Peer evaulation
Clinical Knowledge, prefer complete Uni quals
Interview board: Ambulance Director, Human Resources, either Clinical Team leader or SAO'State Ambulance Operations Manager'

After all of then then the real work begins

Intensive Clinical training at RPH/QE 2/ Freo/PMH
Flight Training
Winch Certification 'Minmum of 3 extractions'
Confined Entry
On-going Education

Shift Rotation is 8 weeks on 8 weeks off, the 8 week period off the chopper is spent on road doing normal on road duties. Whilst on road they can't use their critical care skills, only on the chopper.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.