AMS discussion page

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

canon
Banned

Re: AMS discussion page

Post by canon »

4353 wrote:Hey maybe you should write to the RTO body if there is a problem or call hostile1 or ams and have a chat to them sometimes its better coming from the horses mouth rather than chinese whispers.

You probarly got burnt by ALAS but hey **** happens you should know better by now that money talks if you cant walk the walk ;)

Saw the ford ranger leaving rfds this morning anyways with patient onboard.
Nah its all good, just being a nosy sticky beak as per norm but very interesting none the less. lol.
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
search.again

Post by search.again »

Saw a ford Transit Ambulance today at RFDS in Jandakot looked like a mine Ambulance with bright Yellow strip down the side i'm sure it was an AMS ambulance anyone else seen it next time I will try to get a picture.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

search.again wrote:Saw a ford Transit Ambulance today at RFDS in Jandakot looked like a mine Ambulance with bright Yellow strip down the side i'm sure it was an AMS ambulance anyone else seen it next time I will try to get a picture.
Its a hostile ambo that AMS/ALAS use :wink: Is it still the same manager or has she simply changed her name on the website.?
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

have been seeing the AMS ambos around A LOT!!!! Noticed that they had atleast 3 ambulances at the 'Good Vibrations' music event on Herisson Island... There was the Ranger, Ford Transit van and also a Mercedes Benz Sprinter (who performed an ILLEGAL U-TURN infront of me... also on double white lines... without his emergency beacons activated)... would have been interesting if i had not been able to stop in time! I was almost going to call them up and complain lol [-X
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Nice spot donks.

You'll notice that AMS will probarly do alot more gigs in perth now playing on the "we have paramedics and dont use first aiders line more qualified can treat any injury etc etc"
RIP
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Spotted a white toyota hilux 4x2 ute with red n blue lights on the roof all done up in AMS/Hosiltw1 colours no other markings on it.
RIP
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

And in the city lunch time going down the georges tce with bells n whistles going the old alas ambos done up in the new AMS/Hostile1 colours
RIP
WAMedic

Post by WAMedic »

4353 wrote:Spotted a white toyota hilux 4x2 ute with red n blue lights on the roof all done up in AMS/Hosiltw1 colours no other markings on it.
Can't have been an AMS or Hostile1 vehicle as they don't have any 2WD Hiluxs, or any Hiluxs at all for that matter.
WAMedic

Post by WAMedic »

canon wrote:
search.again wrote:Saw a ford Transit Ambulance today at RFDS in Jandakot looked like a mine Ambulance with bright Yellow strip down the side i'm sure it was an AMS ambulance anyone else seen it next time I will try to get a picture.
Its a hostile ambo that AMS/ALAS use
The Transit isn't a Hostile1 ambulance, it belongs to AMS, they are just carrying over the sticker design to the entire fleet.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

well i sat behind it for a good k or so n yer was defintaley theres ha ha ive seen the logo long enuff.
RIP
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

WAMedic wrote:
4353 wrote:Spotted a white toyota hilux 4x2 ute with red n blue lights on the roof all done up in AMS/Hosiltw1 colours no other markings on it.
Can't have been an AMS or Hostile1 vehicle as they don't have any 2WD Hiluxs, or any Hiluxs at all for that matter.
how long u been with hostile for J.G and when did ya leave P&W
Last edited by canon on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dirtyones

Post by Dirtyones »

4353 wrote:well i sat behind it for a good k or so n yer was defintaley theres ha ha ive seen the logo long enuff.
You should have stayed behind it a little longer!

They got plenty of vehicles, just no hiluxs!
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

saw the old mobile 2 van finally being towed from the old ALAS depot the other week and someone clearing out all the signage etc.... from the premesis.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Saw an AMS ambo heading north on the Kwinana Fwy over the MT. Henry bridge on friday under lights and sirens...are they legally allowed to travel under priority conditions.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

not sure. Which vehicle were they in?. Perhaps they are still running under the ALAS banner to bypass this problem as they are still registered with asic. If this were the case then perhaps the mercedes ambulance could possibly be registered as an emergency vehicle as it was originally an ALAS ambulance and rego is still the same. With the other vehicles im not so sure.