AMS discussion page

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

canon
Banned

AMS discussion page

Post by canon »

:idea:
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
canon
Banned

Re: AMS discussion page

Post by canon »

canon wrote::idea:
hey guys thought it would be a good idea to start this page since sja has there own

cheers
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Lets get the Ball rolling, keep in mind

Please Keep this thread polite and to the point, no political arguments about who is better.
Last edited by Infernal on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

I saw a GMC AMS ambo today heading southbound kwinana freeway.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

4353 wrote:I saw a GMC AMS ambo today heading southbound kwinana freeway.
If it was later in the day - after 6pm - then it could well have been one of the vehicles heading back from Barbagallo Raceway.

Here was a quick photo taken on my camera phone from down in pit lane - didn't have a "real" camera with me so this is the best I could get ;) Plus ... I wasn't there to take photos, I had other things I was meant to be doing :P

Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
canon
Banned

nice pic

Post by canon »

Zebedee wrote:
If it was later in the day - after 6pm - then it could well have been one of the vehicles heading back from Barbagallo Raceway.

Here was a quick photo taken on my camera phone from down in pit lane - didn't have a "real" camera with me so this is the best I could get ;) Plus ... I wasn't there to take photos, I had other things I was meant to be doing :P

Still a nice pic for a camera phone. Doesnt seem to be anyone there. Was it a tuning day or something ?

Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

If it was the same one I saw that same morning about 0730hrs heading south past Golden Bay.... it looked like (dare I say it! :oops: ) the old 'new' ALAS paramedic ambo?
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: nice pic

Post by Zebedee »

canon wrote:Still a nice pic for a camera phone. Doesnt seem to be anyone there. Was it a tuning day or something ?
Nope was the Wanneroo 300 event and I'd just walked into pit lane as the cars were out behind the safety car on their sighting lap, that's why the place looks deserted...

To prove that racing cars do actually exist, here's one captured in it's natural habitat :)

Chicky wrote:If it was the same one I saw that same morning about 0730hrs heading south past Golden Bay.... it looked like (dare I say it! :oops: ) the old 'new' ALAS paramedic ambo?
Hmmm - well as well as the 4WD in the picture above, there was one of the ALAS-style ambulances out at the track as well.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

yeah that makes sense zeb, cheers. I wouldnt have thought only the 4wd would have been there if it was an event.

Chicky - ALAS never had GMC's only VWs and Mercs primarily. + Delicia
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

I think chicky was talking about AMS not alas...alas never had any gmcs but AMS do.
canon
Banned

sorry

Post by canon »

4353 wrote:I think chicky was talking about AMS not alas...alas never had any gmcs but AMS do.
Are they the ones aquired from MAS ? Still havent seen them around.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

The one I saw was what we call the Mickey Mouse bus. The white one that ALAS used to own, for intensive paramedic transfers.
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
canon
Banned

aa

Post by canon »

Chicky wrote:The one I saw was what we call the Mickey Mouse bus. The white one that ALAS used to own, for intensive paramedic transfers.
ive seen the old mobile one around the traps too.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: aa

Post by 4353 »

canon wrote:
Chicky wrote:The one I saw was what we call the Mickey Mouse bus. The white one that ALAS used to own, for intensive paramedic transfers.
yer ive seen one thats all taken off i think some peeps have picked them up for camper vans first aid vehicles etc etc etc etc etc.

i saw the white ams delica today in rocko going P1
canon
Banned

Re: aa

Post by canon »

4353 wrote:
canon wrote:
yer ive seen one thats all taken off i think some peeps have picked them up for camper vans first aid vehicles etc etc etc etc etc.

i saw the white ams delica today in rocko going P1
dunno the vw i saw was still stickered and with lights. Stickering on the delicia looks pretty cool though. Are they to aus standards?