question: if government take over then........

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

question: if government take over then........

Post by munchkin1981 »

chan 10 news update said about government is thinking about takeing over sja to stop crowding in hsps ...................... how is it the fault of the ambulance service that the hsps are over crowded ?????? shouldnt they fix the hsps first ?
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

This could work if they had a doctor in the ambulance to treat the patient then you could be dropped back off at home.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

good point but.... they cant get drs for the ed's now trying to get one forthe ambulance will be harder
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Yes - if you had a doctor in the ambulance then you would also need an xray machine, path lab, ultrasound equipment etc etc which would be quite constrictive in an ambulance.

It would be interesting to see any further detail on the governments plan.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

If there talking about hospital ramping its the governments problem WHICH they can fix by having more doctors.The government taking over the ambulance service will still result in ramping, it would be good BUT they need to fix the hospital system first because after what ive seen this week it sucks majorly more so the outter fringes sisters

Not seeing the news article can we confirm they are talking about ramping or talking about the ambulance service in general because sticking a dr in an ambulance still results in ramping.

FYI its a 3 year programme to turn sja into government run and control so dont expect a miracle to happen overnight.

SJA must be busy today.....dunno where the other one is but someones picking up the slack ;)

A dr in each ambulance = large costs
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

argh.

there = look over there, see that?
their = (belongs to someome, eg) John borrowed their scanner.

There's far too many "there" on this forum and there needs to be a lot more "their"

:)
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

at least they are spelling there right :P just not in right context
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

And they're = they are
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Hi Everyone, just signed up and reading your discussion. SA Ambo sevice changed over back in '96 and is much better being Govt run. The WA Ambo union wants this to happen, including some other unachievable requests too. Look at NSW Ambo service has introduced Extended Care paras so treatment can be done and not always need to transport to hosp. Qld have Adv paras too with similar objectives. Both of these are in state run services.

Cheers :D :lol:
jasonjag
Banned

Takeover

Post by jasonjag »

Weedmeister wrote:Hi Everyone, just signed up and reading your discussion. SA Ambo sevice changed over back in '96 and is much better being Govt run. The WA Ambo union wants this to happen, including some other unachievable requests too. Look at NSW Ambo service has introduced Extended Care paras so treatment can be done and not always need to transport to hosp. Qld have Adv paras too with similar objectives. Both of these are in state run services.

Cheers :D :lol:
WA Premier said that the State Government wasnt intersted in taking over SJA on news couple nights ago ?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

True it would cost them a fortune but the word on the street is that maybe another Govt Dept is looking at absorbing it into the already exsisting infastructure.

Been talked about before and nothing happened i wouldnt hold my breath for any changes.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

And can politicians be trusted??

The Health Dept already pays big $$$ to SJA and has got contracts in place and not sure if this is the long term answer. Though like the other states being Government run services, SJA has shortages as discussed in other threads on this site..
SA has gone back to general entries this year (as wll as Uni grads) in order to compensate for shortages and employing volunteer ambos who are already partly qualified. Look back to '96 when SA ambo service had such similar problems to WA at present and since being government run has become a very good service with the right people administering it.
FESA being the govt emergency services provider or Health Dept is closely linked to the WA ambo service too. It will be interesting to see which dept gets it...
Lots of country stations with vols also cannot provide 100% coverage like the fulltime staff. Other stratagies and incentives need to be planned.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Weedmeister: Pretty spot on the ball with what you said and the Health Depart have no interest in it..so it leaves the other i know its been mentioned in passing as well to others.

As long as someone does the work all good to me :) work is plenty thats for sure
JAFO

Post by JAFO »

Hi all,

First Post here and I thought I'll post some information about this subject from a NSW perspective.

NSW Ambulance Service has had major problems in the past, in being able to off loading its patents from their Ambulance Stretchers to Hospital Emergency Departments Beds, with some 3 to 4 Ambulance crews stuck in the Emergency Departments for up to 2 – 3 hours quiet regularly before their patents are found hospital beds.

This situation has improved some what over the past 18 months, mainly accredited to initiatives being introduced within the Hospital Emergency Departments where many now have on-site Medical Clinic’s setup next to Emergency Departments, to look at Non Emergency Casualties, i.e. those people who should see their local Doctor, not the Hospital Emergency Department Doctors.

As Weedmeister posted on Thu May 01, 2008, the NSW Ambulance Service recently introduced an “Extended Care Paramedicâ€
Grant
(JAFO)
Syney NSW