Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Hate to burst your bubble outback para but you got told wrong.

No such thing as being "registered" as there is no ambulance act and they dont carry morphine any further, i mean the owner goes out on a call and never took drugs with them..then gets the daughter to drive to mandurah to give them drugs for the patient..with most drugs being left around in the open unlocked.

You mustve had your beer goggles on, chances are you were speaking to a SA paramedic...whos either gone to sja or over east.

And thats from mor than one ex alas employee, give alas a ring and ask them why there in court atm. As for the medical director well give him a ring and ask him whats being held over him :)

The owner of alas is an ex uk emt/paramedic/stretcher bearer or something off those sorts "apprantley" so it is said.
Last edited by Markmywords on Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
outbackpara

Post by outbackpara »

I dont know if its true or not or if your info is correct just what i was told marky. Hahaha so why are they in court? And what is being held over the medical director i doubt they could hold something over a MD.

If you believe meds are not secured you should contact the health dept.
Stew

Post by Stew »

You wouldnt want to handle a code or a multi system trauma in the back i tell you (Not so squishy haha).
That applies for most ambulances, they are primarily setup for one patient, not multiples of, as typically they are crewed by two officers, one with the patient and one driver.

Their was good equipment zoll monitors and all the various stuff. They basicly had every thing i would expect of an ambulance."
Equipment is only as good as the person driving it, if the person using it has no idea what to do with it, or how to interpret its output, then its about as useless as a two bob watch.

Cheers;
Stew
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Oh god. This crap is going on still/again. MMW, you really need to build a bridge.. !
Stew

Post by Stew »

Fastlane wrote:Oh god. This crap is going on still/again. MMW, you really need to build a bridge.. !
It wasn't MMW, it was me actually, I asked for comments re ALAS in respect to their service, as I was considering contacting them re employment. All good info he has provided.

Cheers;
Stew
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Stew wrote:
Fastlane wrote:Oh god. This crap is going on still/again. MMW, you really need to build a bridge.. !
It wasn't MMW, it was me actually, I asked for comments re ALAS in respect to their service, as I was considering contacting them re employment. All good info he has provided.

Cheers;
Stew
Search is a wonderful thing. We already have over 100 pages of this.. http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?t=612
Stew

Post by Stew »

Fastlane wrote:Search is a wonderful thing. We already have over 100 pages of this.. http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?t=612
I know....
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

yer im so sowwy :smt010

Things will get liquated eventually lol

And always be someone to pick up whats left behind and will always be keen as mustard.

We should just leave it to scanning like tootoot said or maybe tracking alas movements around the place while we still can :)

My gripe wasnt with the new owner and if she tightens up some house keeping asap all will be sweet and she will have a nice lil service, i was annoyed at the poor patient care practices and incidents that had gone under the radar and not reported but its the net so anythings possible.

Still stand my ground on the wrong things that were done as far back as i can remember..but it wont be mentioned on this site any further :) :wink:
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="Markmywords"]yer im so sowwy :smt010

Things will get liquated eventually lol

And always be someone to pick up whats left behind and will always be keen as mustard.

We should just leave it to scanning like tootoot said or maybe tracking alas movements around the place while we still can :)

My gripe wasnt with the new owner and if she tightens up some house keeping asap all will be sweet and she will have a nice lil service, i was annoyed at the poor patient care practices and incidents that had gone under the radar and not reported but its the net so anythings possible.

Still stand my ground on the wrong things that were done as far back as i can remember..but it wont be mentioned on this site any further :) :wink:[/quote] Att the end of the day if you are an employee and switched on, you wouldnt put yourself in a position of danger , and speak to management. If that occurs or not, well i dont know? :?:
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Well hopefully the current staff should stand up and make the problems known to management to rectify them asap if it falls on deaf ears then "shrugs" find another job but seems to me that everyone is a happy camper down there and if they wernt then i know where they can go and get paid a week in advanced.

While doing first aid yesterday at touch football i was talking to a guy who is setting up another private service north off the river doing first aid training and event services and is also looking at doing patient transport (his wife holds a management position in a hospital) :shock: he said he was an ex nsw paramedic though.

Was strange he mentioned warsug.....
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

I think you lot should take your issues to an appropriate forum. Its wearing a bit thin around here. Seriously.
JPhillips

Post by JPhillips »

http://alas.ipbfree.com/ < Forum for alas disscussion
Joshua
Stew

alas etc etc

Post by Stew »

Toottoot wrote:I think you lot should take your issues to an appropriate forum. Its wearing a bit thin around here. Seriously.
I may be wrong, but unless the admins of this forum are terribly deviant in nature you is your choice whether to view the 'other then sja' forums knowing full-well there is going to be content related to alas in same. I don't believe the admin have being so deviant as to set your default page to the 'other then sja' forum, thus you are making the concious decision to view the said forum, and as they say 'if you don't like the heat, don't go in the kitchen' its all very simple really there is an array of other good forums on this board other then this - so why torture yourself by returning to it over and over again like a serial killer returning to his place of prey?

Cheers;
Stew
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Well Stew just to get you up with the times, this is actually a radio scanning forum. There was lots of carry on which resulted in the admins locking a similar thread and this one is heading the same way. If you are interested in whinging about ambulance services, there are threads and even forums elsewhere for that. Now see if you can prove ambulance fanciers are not all from the same mould.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Toottoot wrote:Well Stew just to get you up with the times, this is actually a radio scanning forum. There was lots of carry on which resulted in the admins locking a similar thread and this one is heading the same way. If you are interested in whinging about ambulance services, there are threads and even forums elsewhere for that. Now see if you can prove ambulance fanciers are not all from the same mould.
I am well aware its a radio forum, and I was talking to some of these guys long before you as well.

And re Ambulance fanciers, have you considered some of us actually work in the industry? Rather then chase ambulances, we drive them.

And really I can't see the issue with it, its a forum to discuss topics, if it wasn't wanted here (other then sja forum) why was the forum made in the first place? Like I said, if its not your cup of tea your not forced by anyone to brwose this specific forum, no one is.

Until now I have had a reasonably informative and sensible discussion with others on this topic - isn't that what forums are for?

Cheers;
Stew